Feeling down :(

Options
Hey everyone, just looking for some support here...I have ten pounds to lose to get to my goal weight and I just can't seem to make a dent or even see results. I've been eating healthily and working out everyday.. and nothing. Any advice?

Replies

• al142
    al142 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose the 10 pounds? The first bit I was on MFP the scale didn't budge, then it started dropping, even though I was doing exactly the same stuff. Bodies are weird sometimes.

The other thing that might be going on is that you might not really need to lose 10 pounds. if that's the case, it will be harder. I struggle with feeling fat even when my weight is fine. That's an emotional issue on my part, not a physical one.

I looked at your food diary, and your average calories look good. You might try eating more lean meat and vegetables. That made a difference for me. I made it easy for myself by getting the steam in bag microwave vegetables. That meant I actually ate them. They were pretty good, too. I'm trying to get back to that more just because I felt better when I was eating that.

Good luck, and do something nice for yourself.
  • cailey365
    cailey365 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for about two months now, I'm just trying to lose the weight I gained over the past year.
    Thanks for the advice and kind words :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling down.

Maybe it's time to change up your workout? Increase the intensity a bit?

You'll get there!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep trying. I have read on the boards to mix up your calories. Go up 100 one day, then maintain your calorie goal, and then eat 100 less the next day. It seems that sometimes help. When I have hit a plateau I make sure I drink a lot of water and increase exercise. Absolutely make sure you log and measure everythinh you eat. When none of these things worked I would throw in the towel. This time around I refuse to give up
    Good luck to you.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism might be s*** now. I would research ways to increase metabolism like drinking more cold water help burn more calories at rest.