New app I came across!!! Works awesome!!! :D

Options
So, I found this really helpful app for tracking your exercise (like walking/running/jogging and various others they have listed) it uses GPS to track your distance, time and pace and also tracks your calories burned! It's called RunKeeper and they also have a browser site where you can update your weights and comment on activities. http://runkeeper.com/home If you have it and would like to add me, mine is: http://runkeeper.com/user/marshj91/profile Hope to meet some new friends and help eachother stay motivated! :)

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have tried map my walk and it was a bust so today I got endomondo. Half way thru my walk my bloody phone restarted. Grrrr...
    Will take a look at this app, thanks Cindy
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @CindyMarcuz I think you will like it!! I like it because you can close the app, and it still runs in the background! :D So I can fiddle with my music, or Snapchat while I walk and it doesn't interrupt it! :D Very glad for that! and it has a pause and resume feature! :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn. I added you. I am walking in the morning at 8am yikes. See you on the roads.

Cindy
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Do you need to be online to use it? I have wireless on my phone but no internet plan.
    Stef.
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you need to be online to use it? I have wireless on my phone but no internet plan.
    Stef.

Hmm well if you want to use it outside your home I'm assuming you'd need a Data Plan.
  • Noisygrrl
    Noisygrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have data either, and it worked when I was outside of range of my home wireless--tracked me from my home to the bus stop! . Must use GPS.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I used it last year when I started running again. I really like it.

You can also sync it to your MFP profile and it will add the exercise to your journal on here.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I don't have data either, and it worked when I was outside of range of my home wireless--tracked me from my home to the bus stop! . Must use GPS.

Yeah, it uses GPS. It's a great app. You can also add routes and can map things out from home via the site if you're unable to track outside (like if it's cloudy and you can't get a signal).
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I love map my walk, and I've used the one you are using. I just walk not run so I decided to find a walking app. There are tons of apps out there you just have to find the one that works best for you
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I love map my walk, and I've used the one you are using. I just walk not run so I decided to find a walking app. There are tons of apps out there you just have to find the one that works best for you

RunKeeper isn't only for running...

RK.jpg
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is the best! It tracks elevation! Which is nice, because my neighborhood is too darn hilly.

Love that it'll automagically post the workout to MFP if you link'em up.

I sent an invite! :D