Asking for help,motivation,and advice

Options
Hello, everyone !
This is the first time i'm posting something on here and I am more than positive that I will get some feedback. I am asking for help with motivation to workout. I can just give a breakdown of what i'm currently going through right now and want to know if anyone else has put their exercise routines on pause due to being overwhelmed with life's stresses ? I have stopped working out for the past month and i'm starting to get real pissed off at myself because I have worked so hard to get where I am at today. I'm not going to lie about why I stopped, I have just lost motivation to get up off my booty and just do it ! First, it was stress from college and finals (2 weeks ago) then,my poor mom has been in the hospital for a week ,due to her liver and that has caused even more stress. I know that I should workout to help me deal with everything,but I just feel depressed about how I feel. My eating habits have not changed and I still eat pretty healthy,but I still crave those comfort foods and keep track of calories. I would like to k now what you do to keep yourself motivated ? I keep telling myself that this too shall pass, but I just need help to get myself back on track with working out. I guess I just feel overwhelmed with my mom's health issues that I feel like i'm going to spindle out of control and eat out of worry....no bueno !!!
Thank you for reading my post and I would appreciate any words of encouragement.
:)

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I lift more often when stressed out. The gym is like my therapist. It is awesome lifting when you are pissed.
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You have enough on you plate. My suggestion is just to relax and focus on your food intake. For now it's enough to keep you on track. When the rest of your life smooths out a bit more then get back in to your workouts.
  • iWorkout4Vino
    iWorkout4Vino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've only been working out regularly for a month or so and have usually given up by now so I'm just forcing myself to keep going as I'm not a natural fitness fan!

I do understand where you're coming from and sometimes life's stresses just overwhelm us. This is perfectly normal and to be honest I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. There are times when you just need to give the diet and exercise a break for a bit and focus on other aspects of your life... you can't do everything. Take some time out from it and then come back to it when your mum's better. I always find that I need the right headspace to keep motivated and that's when i'm most productive.

Good luck with it and I hope your mum is better soon. Lots of hugs x
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi, I see you've already lost 30 pounds; congratulations!
    Maybe you just need a little break, especially considering what's been going on in your life. What about focusing on maintaining your loss (i.e. not gaining), and see how you feel in a couple of weeks?
    Good luck and hope your mom's feeling better!
  • liftgrl
    liftgrl Posts: 4
    Options
    Awww thank you everyone for your kind words :) I have just learned that if you need help that one must put themselves out there. I am grateful that my mom is doing better, but I am so emotional right now that I don't want to go backwards,especially with all the hard work I put into losing 30 pounds ( I am going to lose more weight) I know life will get better and so will my mom. It feels super awesome to know that you kind people understand that life's stresses can overwhelm us sometimes. Thank you all for yout support. I will keep you all updated. Oh btw
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    What works for me is that I don't consider my workout "optional". The same way as I show up for work or do my dishes. Sometimes you don't want to but it's just one of those things that gotta happen. Perhaps you block some time off in your calendar? Say 30 minutes over lunch to take a brisk walk?
  • liftgrl
    liftgrl Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, Awesome ! You know that is the exact way I look at working out. I know we all feel that way and I just have been in a slump with my motivation. Last night I did some strength training workouts and I felt amazing. I woke up today with great news ! My mom is coming home today and I'm going to start writing all of my activities that I did last night and so on. I think when I write it out and see what I did it will give me that extra boost that I need. Thank you for your post Awesome ! wishing you a positive day