Had a bit of a struggle today...

Options
Does any body else have those days where things just don't go right, and then you lose your motivation?

Woke up in a sort of 'meh' mood. Thought I could start the day off with a protein shake and some peanut butter to suppress the sugar craving I have (I usually have a lot of sugary things on weekends). INSTEAD, I use chunky peanut butter instead of smooth! It was like trying to chug down milk with lego in.

That put me down a bit.

Then I sort of had a little slip up; if I can fit a little treat into my limit, I'll try. But instead, I had 1 sandwich which was around 500 calories and I felt like having a can of coke with it... I guess it did get rid of that "I need SUGAR" feeling.

Anyone else have these sort of days? I've been on insanity for 5 days now, today is my 6th but I haven't done the work out yet :)

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Did you get enough sleep?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, I actually had around 12 hours sleep. But I did go to bed a bit later than normal.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I think your body knows what time it is, and it may have felt like it "skipped" breakfast, if you woke up later than usual too.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    When you have that I need sugar feeling, try an apple or a few grapes instead of refined sugar. It will still satisfy your cravings, and help break the habit of reaching for a cookie or soda. I eat lots of fruit, so some days I'm over on my sugar numbers, but I very rarely eat refined sugar anymore.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When you have that I need sugar feeling, try an apple or a few grapes instead of refined sugar. It will still satisfy your cravings, and help break the habit of reaching for a cookie or soda. I eat lots of fruit, so some days I'm over on my sugar numbers, but I very rarely eat refined sugar anymore.

I'll try this next time. I'll just have to forget this slip up and carry on :)
  • noles33
    noles33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know it's a day late, but doing insanity will start to raise your metabolism like crazy the first few weeks if you haven't been crazy active leading up to it. I was so hungry the first few weeks and then finally slightly upped my calories for more strength and energy. Your body may be telling you it needs more food (or it might be rebelling against a crazy deficit, insanity can burn a ton of calories in the beginning)

Either way, keep it up -- amazing results are on their way!!!

My boyfriend and I are on Week 3 of our second round and still steadily losing pounds and inches and gaining definition!
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have days (like today) where I wake up and I just do not care! I ate two chocolate chip muffins for breakfast!
    But I think it's okay to have days like that. It's probably even healthy to do as long as it's not all the time.