Salt

Options
Salt~~~~ My downfall.I love salt. Way to much Any ideas how to overcome this? I have tried so many different spices etc and still can not go with out it. I like salt on everything.....

Replies

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I use the Mrs. Dash products. It's not as good as salt, but I've learned to love it. :flowerforyou:
  • HazeyBlue69
    Options
    This is like the sugar in tea scenario. Probably just reducing the volume you use gradually would be the way to do it.

As a youngster I lived in a household that used loads of salt, but I just cut down on every meal bit by bit. Now I hate salty food, It totally spoils the taste I think
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Salt~~~~ My downfall.I love salt. Way to much Any ideas how to overcome this? I have tried so many different spices etc and still can not go with out it. I like salt on everything.....
    I love salt as well. I cook with it but rarely put it on already cooked food. That is something I don't use less of, though.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I LOVE salt, too, but it definitely doesn't love me back! I have kidney issues when I get too much of it. I have found that adding lemon juice to some recipes helps reduce the need for salt. I make my own soups from scratch and use water instead of broth or bouillon. I usually cut the salt for a recipe in half and then gradually add more if needed when it is almost done. I use frozen or fresh veggies most of the time, and only buy the no-salt-added versions of canned goods. On the days when I go significantly over my goal for sodium I make sure to drink lots of extra water.

Don't cut salt too drastically. You do need SOME every day to be healthy.