60lbs down last 10 to 15 lbs to go !

Options
Finding weight loss has really slowed down in last few weeks any tips on how to get me over this last little hurdle wld be appreciated. .... happy father's day uk

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    great job getting off 60 lbs!!!! huge accomplishment. I don't have any advice other than to keep doing what you're doing it obviously is working for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will slow dramatically when you get closer to your goal, so give it time.

What are your stats? From your picture you look rather petite, so you should be aiming for maybe 0.5 lbs loss per week now. If you're getting that number, or even close to that number then everything is going great.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree with marciebrian - 60lbs is a great accomplishment! Don't underestimate what it takes to KEEP that off!

I am keeping off 40, but I have been unable to get below 170 when I would like to shoot for 140.

I am currently doing Fitness Blender's 4 week Fat Loss for Beginners found here ---->http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-programs/

with the hopes that changing up my exercise will make a difference.

I'm trying to let go of the scale as my only measurement of success as well. I can feel that two weeks of this program has already improved my fitness and my muscles do feel "tighter" which I take to mean that I am losing fat and building muscle, simultaneously.
  • busbyus
    busbyus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im now 165.5lbs 175cm tall haven't really done any tracking of inches etc or body fat. My aim is 150-155 depending on how happy I am with my body.. ive been losing around 3lb a week with a goal of 2lb a wk . Started weights in the last month n a bit to tone up more. Actually finding this harder now than when I first started.
  • Em7b5
    Em7b5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Started weights in the last month n a bit to tone up more. Actually finding this harder now than when I first started.

Maybe it's water retention from your new weight lifting routine
  • busbyus
    Options
    Maybe it's water retention from your new weight lifting routine
    [/quote]

Maybe ... also im so much hungrier so thats making it hard ! :/
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are the hardest, aim for .5 pounds a week and keep up the exercise. Toning your body can make it look like you have lost 10 pounds without actually losing. Congrats on getting this far!
  • busbyus
    Options
    Wahmx3 im assuming u mean 5oz a wk as no way can I achieve 5lbs a wk lol ...:)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this and its normal my first 20lbs melted off but the last 2 I just lost took months and hard work I have around 7lbs until im in maintenance will decide when I get closer but keep plugging away. Your calorie intake leaves less margin as you get smaller and so might take a little longer but measure too
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wahmx3 im assuming u mean 5oz a wk as no way can I achieve 5lbs a wk lol ...:)

He means half a lb a week 0.5
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This bit is good and bad - you can now eat more because you need a smaller caloric deficit but the downside if you want to call it that, is it takes ages to lose the last bit. I advise to take it slow and steady, stay consistent - thats what I've learnt from the forum - I haven't lost the last pounds either but I got down to the last 5lbs and that took 3-4 months and then I gained a bit this summer :/
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. lost 70 lbs and have 18.6 lbs left to go to my goal and its taking FOREVER!! I have no idea how many calories to eat since eating more now seems backwards to me lol. So I should set my goal to .5 lb a week and eat that amoun
    t of calories???
  • omnpotnt
    omnpotnt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've done this, but really it boils down to cutting out as much sugar as possible, and increase your cardio if possible. I know people that have done the paleo diet to finish off and it worked well for them.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations!!!!!!!
  • busbyus
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. lost 70 lbs and have 18.6 lbs left to go to my goal and its taking FOREVER!! I have no idea how many calories to eat since eating more now seems backwards to me lol. So I should set my goal to .5 lb a week and eat that amoun
    t of calories???

Amazing loss !
    I would like to know this too if I shld change my weight loss goal p/wk ?? Still at 2lb a wk. And eat accordingly?
  • busbyus
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are the hardest, aim for .5 pounds a week and keep up the exercise. Toning your body can make it look like you have lost 10 pounds without actually losing. Congrats on getting this far!

^ This. Good job on that weight loss so far! If you want to maintain a toned look you should really be aiming to lose fat and lose it slowly. 0.5 per week is a good number and start doing some more lifting. If you're finding it's harder to lose weight it's because you're near goal, which is a very good thing. If you're not losing at all you may have to push yourself, add more exercises or new routine.

Maybe start focusing on body fat % as the scale is a liar. If you google bf% you can see the difference that makes compared to scale weight. Makes me want to throw out my scale. haha.

I'm just curious, how much are you eating?

All the best!

Thanks im eating around 1380 a day sometimes in defecit with excersise though
  • busbyus
    Options

Just seen the . Before the 5 thanks ! :)