looking for a little motivation and support :)

Options
hello, I'm new here and I'm looking for a little bit of motivation and support. I've been struggling with a binge eating/restricting cycle (although lately it's just becoming binge eating) and I've decided that it's not worth it to keep going on like this. I just had a bad week of eating after doing pretty well and I'm looking to get back on track, but I think a little support would help me immensely! :) I hate the feeling that I get after a binge, and it's really not worth all of the extra stress and added weight. I haven't weighed myself in a week because I'm afraid of what the scale might read, but I'm guessing I gained about 3-4 lbs from just this past week. So it's back to a healthy, clean diet tomorrow! I'm usually fine for about 2-3 days but after that my willpower starts to fade...and that's when I'll need some motivation and positive thoughts. I tend to be rather hard on myself. Thanks!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NicoleLFifield
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel.
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    It's all about easing into fitness! I binge when I stress out or have a big project to work on, so here is what I have done.

1. Set my goal to "maintain weight" on myfitnesspal everytime I lose 5 lbs and see what the max I can eat without gaining is.
    2. Reset my goal to lose 2 lbs/wk.
    3. Embrace the binge, but measure it out. Do not exceed those maintain weight calories. If you do, eat less throughout the week to offset it. Say you need to eat 1200 to lose 2lbs/wk and can eat 2200 to not gain weight. Say you go through a binge and eat 3000. That pushes 800 cals to the next day. So make your max for the next day 2200-800 = 1400.

This has solved my weight gain due to stress eating. Aim to maintain on those vacation days. Hope this helps!
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    Oh, itsthenewheal, that is a WONDERFUL idea, I may have to try that. I am tired of feeling like I am depriving myself of all of the salty crunchy foods that I so love.
  • itsthenewhealthyme
    Options
    thanks for understanding - even something as simple as this makes me feel better! It's always good to know you're not alone!
  • itsthenewhealthyme
    Options
    It's all about easing into fitness! I binge when I stress out or have a big project to work on, so here is what I have done.

1. Set my goal to "maintain weight" on myfitnesspal everytime I lose 5 lbs and see what the max I can eat without gaining is.
    2. Reset my goal to lose 2 lbs/wk.
    3. Embrace the binge, but measure it out. Do not exceed those maintain weight calories. If you do, eat less throughout the week to offset it. Say you need to eat 1200 to lose 2lbs/wk and can eat 2200 to not gain weight. Say you go through a binge and eat 3000. That pushes 800 cals to the next day. So make your max for the next day 2200-800 = 1400.

This has solved my weight gain due to stress eating. Aim to maintain on those vacation days. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for this advice! It's such a great idea - I'll have to remember this in case I slip a little bit!