You could offer younger self advice, what would you say?

Options

Replies

• charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) your too clumsy to ride a motorbike, don't do it
    2) trust yourself more - every decision you make is the right one if it's right for you at the time
    3) pay more attention at uni, it's so awesome you don't want to miss any of it
  • karen7856
    karen7856 Posts: 4
    Options
    1) Don't eat junk food.
    2) Don't let yourself get into debt...ever.
    3) Invest a small amount each month for the future (in a stock mutual fund) and don't touch it no matter what happens to the market until you're 10 yrs from needing the money. At that time, move it to something safer like a bond fund.
    4) Don't marry the wrong man. If your parents and friends don't like him, there is something wrong with him. You can't see it because love is truly blind.
    5) Maintain a good work-life balance. There are more important things in life than money and success. Work to live, don't live to work.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    1. Do NOT start smoking.
    2. Forgive yourself.
    3. Don't let him hit you. Leave.
    4. Be yourself. It's okay to be weird, different, odd.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are lovely!

Study piano.

Keep taking Spanish.

You'll love being a journalist.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'd kick the crap out of my younger self and tell him that's what he gets for being a future chump. I'd then threaten him with repeated beatings unless he becomes less chump-ish.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Dear Younger Self,
    Don't worry about your butt. Someday that thang's gonna be in style. Women everywhere are gonna be spending hours in the gym TRYING to get a big round butt. I kid you not.
    Love,
    Me
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    for the love of god don't care so much what people think of you!

...wait. i could probably still use that advice now. lol.

to be honest i agree with a previous poster who said nothing, because it made her who she is now and she's quite happy now. i feel the same way. i have honestly never been happier in life and love. never thought it was genuinely possible for me. and, for the first time in, well, ever, i see my future as a bright, happy place. my ability now to even actually conjure up a mental image of my future is a pretty new one for me. i know reality isn't always like that, but that's ok. i know some storms will come through - but again, that's ok. that's life. i'm very content now, and thoughts of my future make me even happier.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dear Younger Self,
    Don't worry about your butt. Someday that thang's gonna be in style. Women everywhere are gonna be spending hours in the gym TRYING to get a big round butt. I kid you not.
    Love,
    Me
    pics of butt for evaluation purposes please :wink:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lean how to eat rather than focusing on a number on the scale.

And...

Trust and honor your instincts when it comes to others.
  • jjss5500
    jjss5500 Posts: 50
    Options
    1. Prioritize your parents, siblings over anything or anyone else
    2. Use good judgement
    3. Have more confidence, self-esteem, courage
    4. Don't slouch
    5. Stick up for yourself
    6. Maintain health, weight
    7. Pursue your passion
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mine would be 'dont eat it! Its not worth it!'

My skin would be thanking me now if I could stop my younger self from over eating.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about your weight, years from now you are going to look back at photos and realise that you looked great!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    stay away from angry possessive men

I wonder if I would have listened?
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1) Don't ever get fat in the first place!
    2) Don't quit after a week of trying something new. (Sometimes it takes a little longer to establish a comfort level with a new food or exercise.)
    3) You can do more than you think you can. Give yourself a chance to succeed.
    4) Sitting on your butt won't make it smaller.
    5) Face it, vegetables are involved in being healthy. Eat them.
    6) You won't die doing exercise. Sometimes it hurts, especially the day after! .
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Dear Younger Self,
    Love,
    Me

PRICELESS! I mean, the other posts are good too, but this one resonates and makes me chuckle
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You'll be ok, kid, although you reaaaally should do the healthy lifestyle thing now instead of when you're pushing 40 and have to lose an entire human being. Your joints will thank you.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Stop being so damned prideful and stubborn, theres no shame in going to a doctor when you need to and even less so in asking for a hand up after you've had a ladder kicked out from underneath you!

Pfft. NM, i still don't listen to that advice. What a waste of a conversation that would have been! :laugh: :laugh:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    1) Ana is not your friend. Don't do it. You will regret what you did to your body and how your girlfriend followed suit.
    2) You should have stayed friends with your first girlfriend.
    3) Don't waste your time with that loser. He will only waste 5 1/2 years of your life. He will beat you, choke you, and try to beat you down every chance he will get. If you know he isn't someone you'd spend forever with, then don't waste your time.
    4) Go with the flow. Don't push.
    5) You are good enough
    6) Just because you are curious doesn't mean you are a bad person
    7) I love you and think you need a big hug. Get the help you need now.
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Go to college and stick with it.
    Never give up your dreams to keep a guy happy.
    Trust yourself and your instincts.
    You will fall down over n over, just get back up.