You could offer younger self advice, what would you say?

Options

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    1. Take more risks and have more fun.
    2. Stop trying to please the parents.
    3. Do what you want.
    4. Be more social.
  • AlexisSpiros
    AlexisSpiros Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. Don't go to that school just because your mother said it was awesome when she went there. That was a different time.
    2. Please, please don't hurt yourself.
    3. Talk about your problems. Talk to your dad, he's ridiculously worried!
    4. Don't hate yourself.
    5.Be proud of who you are. Those people at your school are all absolutely worthless.
    6. Don't study translation. Seriously. Don't. I know you love it, but it's gonna make you so unhappy.
    7. Don't date this guy. He promises you the world and then steals your money.
    8. Choose the French guy. Who cares if he's far away, he loves you.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't go to law school - you'll be unbelievably bored in practice
    Consider having a child in your 20s rather than waiting until your 30s (I'm still waiting)
    Don't give up figure skating or horse riding
    Travel more while you have no commitments
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    PUT DOWN THE DORRITOS!!
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Eat more pizza while you are young and playing hockey 5 times a week, you wont be able to later.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    To my 16 to 30 year old self: Don't waste your prime attractiveness years on flaky artists and musicians. Yes, they're hot. But they're never going to be anything but brooding and self-centered. And for God's sake stop buying shoes and BUY A HOUSE.

To my 35 year old self: You're going to start gaining weight. Don't let it happen. It's really hard to get rid of, and even if you do your body won't look the same afterwards.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet and start a f'ed up relationship with food.

THIS!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The things you take so seriously - calm down about.

The things you don't care much about - take more care with.

Take more pictures.
  • Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "You are worth more than you think. Just because they all tease you and tell you that you're fat when you really weren't doesn't mean you should turn to food for comfort because you believed you would always be fat.

Also, don't trust people to have the same moral code as you. Be wary of putting yourself in a compromised position when you don't know the other person well. Awful people will take advantage of you if you are not careful. "
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    1. Don't go to that school just because your mother said it was awesome when she went there. That was a different time.
    2. Please, please don't hurt yourself.
    3. Talk about your problems. Talk to your dad, he's ridiculously worried!
    4. Don't hate yourself.
    5.Be proud of who you are. Those people at your school are all absolutely worthless.
    6. Don't study translation. Seriously. Don't. I know you love it, but it's gonna make you so unhappy.
    7. Don't date this guy. He promises you the world and then steals your money.
    8. Choose the French guy. Who cares if he's far away, he loves you.
    Would you have met the French guy if you hadn't studied translation? :)
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Be patient and wait.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Start saving now!!
  • EA1979
    EA1979 Posts: 25
    Options
    By virtue of your youth, you have the best beauty secret ever. Drop the self doubt and hold your head up high. There's a whole generation of people ahead of you who'd love to have your skin / your hair / your boobs!
  • wannabehealthyagain
    Options
    You're beautiful....end of discussion :)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Don't settle for someone just because they are interested in you, find out what you need and want in a partner and remember you are worth it.

Don't trust or depend on anyone but yourself, leave room for others to prove themselves but realize the only person that has your back is you, don't leave your fate in someone else's hands.

Your instincts when it comes to men really really sucks, don't trust it.

Start getting into martial arts and body building, you'll love it!

Learn how to eat clean! Right now!I!!

Apply for scholarships little miss 4.0, don't waste that opportunity.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you think it's the end of the world, it's not.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    1) Not to love blindly
    2) once someone breaks your heart they will do it again and it will never be the same again.
    3) Credit Cards are evil
    4)don't waste your time watching all those Friday the 13 movies because they're kind of lame
    5)Don't pay for Cable
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    To my 16yr old self: You're not fat!!!!!!
    (I was 145lbs when my unhealthy relationship with food started, if only I knew then what I know now I would never have gotten to the point where I needed to lose 60lbs..)

To my 17yr old self: When you move out, learn to cook! Pizza and M&M's are fine in moderation but nutrition is important! The starving/binging/starving/binging cycle you're about to get into is not healthy and you will beat yourself up in 10 years time.

To myself at any age: Spend time with mum now, you have limited time to enjoy her company and advice. Don't be a brat.
    (My mum died when I was 19)

To my 23yr old self: Go abroad to study. If the boy is worth it he'll still be there when you get back.
    (He wasn't, we broke up, I missed my opportunity to study in Australia which had been my plan for years before I met him. This is my biggest regret)

I feel sad now :(
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot: "Credit cards are the devil. Always pay them off immediately, or even better, don't get them. You don't need stuff that badly. Also? Don't waste so much time with E.S. He wasn't right for you anyway, and dude has a real problem with the truth."
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A few things:

Eat more veggies/greens

Bros don't let bros skip leg day

Always do core workouts