Bodymedia?

Options
I LOVE my bodymedia! I love the data outputs and charts!

It says I burn around 2030 cals a day!

Anyone have a bodymedia and if so do you think it is accurate?

Replies

• hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, and I do think it's estimated calorie burn is pretty accurate for ordinary activities. I use my hrm for cardio calorie burn.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit but I decided to desync it because it had my maintenance calories lower than even MFP did and I had upped mine from what MFP suggested. I didn't like it telling me I was overeating everyday.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had a bodymedia about a year and a half ago. When short sleeve weather rolled around, I was very self conscious about the "medical" look of it and bought a fit bit. I wore them side by side for a month. They were pretty close in statistics with the bodymedia showing a little bit higher calorie burn. The fitbit seems accurate to me. The data matches my weight loss. Either is probably good. I agree...I love the charts, the colors, the smiley faces!!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I wear a Bodymedia. I've found it to be accurate for me. I'm not really bothered by the look of it and I've taken it off of the armband and put it in my bra for occasions that I didn't want it noticed. It makes it slightly off but not by too much.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love my BMF!! It is very accurate for me and the charts are so informative. It is well worth the monthly price and the armband doesn't bother me one bit, I like showing off my electronics and health things. :bigsmile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit but I decided to desync it because it had my maintenance calories lower than even MFP did and I had upped mine from what MFP suggested. I didn't like it telling me I was overeating everyday.

If you custom set your goals you can synch and it won't do that.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have my bodymedia and it has never failed me. I go by the numbers with a 500 calorie deficit and I have been losing consistently since I bought it. :) Best investment ever.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wear a Bodymedia. I've found it to be accurate for me. I'm not really bothered by the look of it and I've taken it off of the armband and put it in my bra for occasions that I didn't want it noticed. It makes it slightly off but not by too much.

I do this too - in the bra if I don't want people to see it.
  • LEC1978
    LEC1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

This is probably a dumb question... but where exactly in your bra do you put it? On the side? Underneath...?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

This is probably a dumb question... but where exactly in your bra do you put it? On the side? Underneath...?

I don't know that it matters but I put it on the side left outside... I just find it to be most comfortable that way.
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been using BMF Link for the past few months. I really like it. I unlinked it from MFP though because I didn't like seeing the calorie adjustment since I'm trying to use TDEE method. I just check the BMF site for my calories burned for the day, and MFP for calories consumed. I keep the info on a spreadsheet. With the exception of TOM, I lose exactly what I calculate. I also find the graphs and charts useful; it definitely encourages me to move more.

Feel free to add me. I'd love more friends who use BMF.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

I don't know that it matters but I put it on the side left outside... I just find it to be most comfortable that way.

I wear my fitbit in the cleavage.