New....Again.

Options
I've done this a handful of times and never really had the right intention. It was more comparing myself to everyone else and wanting to change myself to form into that other "ideal" woman. I tried Weight Watchers around 5 years ago (Wow, didn't realize it was that long ago) and was very successful. I lost around 40 pounds. I let life take me into a very stressful road and gained some, along with some more. I won't give too many specific numbers from before because I feel ashamed every time I think of it.

BUT, this is a new chapter. I need to move on and feel less ashamed. People make mistakes and I can start on a completely new slate. I started again on the 4th of this month at 207 pounds and 5'5". I found out I was this heavy after ending up in the hospital with a bladder infection that almost killed me. I weighed myself an hour ago and I am now at 200 pounds.

Sorry for the long post, I will end it at this.
I am a 24 year old (in August) female at 200 pounds (I started at 207)
My goal weight is 135. I am 5'5".

Replies

• Rubyew
    Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new too. Good luck. x
  • Dumping70
    Dumping70 Posts: 18
    Options
    Just started today too! Good luck
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    We have the same goal weight! We can do this!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss, you can do it!
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm here to be your cheerleader and tell you that you can do it.

Take your time, make some good sensible meal plans and healthy choices. Allow yourself to have a treat now and then. Get exercise, but you needn't go overboard.

As I said, you can succeed. I was 210 pounds, and I got down to 128....and I'm just under 5' tall.
  • StephanieSimonson
    Options
    That's amazing, great job! We are in the same range. I have decided to let myself have a treat now and then. Nothing crazy overboard or anything. I realized that if I don't do that, I crack and binge eat out of stress.

I have a very odd schedule so meal planning is intense. I wake up around 2 AM (Barista life, haha) and am out of work around 1 PM. The night before I decide what I will be eating and enter it into MFP. That way I have an outline of the day and everything is packed up. It keeps me from forgetting my lunch and keeps me organized. I keep an apple in my purse so if I get stuck in traffic, I am prepared and not going to pull off the road for fast food.
  • ipeaceful
    ipeaceful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new too....again. Never really did much with myfitnesspal, but this is a new chapter for me too. So let's make this chapter better and encourage each other along the way. You can do it and when we mess up, just keep trying and never give up...!!
  • ipeaceful
    ipeaceful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay I just read your other post. I have an odd work load too. I'm up at 3ish A.M. for work and guess what I'm not good at planning. That has been my biggest downfall and I'm on a budget.ughhh My meal planning needs to be intense. Your last post really hit home for me. Thanks for posting. Also I'm a Weight Watcher member.
  • healthy4life74
    Options
    I started at 200 too and have to make a lifestyle change for my health. Hospital's are no fun. We can do this together.