Insanity - what are your meals like?

Options
I'm starting tomorrow and trying to plan my food but I'm a little confused!
I used the insanity calculator which said 1750ish calories. Which seems a lot is mfp says 1200, but then you are supposed to add your exercise calories on top aren't you?

Either way, what do everyone's meals look like? I'm going to try and meet the %s of fat/carb/protein in 5/6 meals, however I don't eat meat so I'm looking for a little inspiration, worried I'm going to end up living off protein smoothies!

Thanks

Replies

• basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HI,

I started Insanity today. I will send you a friend request so you can feel free to look at my food diary (I complete it religiously as soon as I eat). I am having a hard time doing 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat but I am doing a lot better than before and going to keep working at it. My food goal macros on here are also set to 1200 calories and then I modified them to 45% carbs/25% fat/35% protein.

When you log in calories burned for exercise it adds them to the 1200. So today I burned 311 on Insanity and am going to try to eat 1500 calories but am having a hard time getting there. I am going to keep trying to modify my foods to fit within the recommended food plan and also try to hit 1500 calories every day.
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Also, my profile picture is not what I look like right now. Its my goal picture from 3 years ago. I am looking to lose 35 lbs to get back to looking like that.
  • LindsayJNewman
    LindsayJNewman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I started Insanity on Thursday, and am absolutely loving it !
    Food wise I find it pretty straight forward - I think you will be ok without meat, do you eat fish ?
    I'll give you an idea of what I had today (my calories on here are set to 1500, but I'm pretty sure I could go up a couple of hundred if I wanted, which at the moment I don't)
    Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with Cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and red onion, plus 2 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese.
    Lunch/Brunch - Strawberries/Blueberries and a Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
    Snack - 50g Feta Cheese and 12 Olives and a Protein Drink.
    Dinner - Turkey Steak (about 200g) but you could substitute this with Tuna, or Tofu or Quorn ? Then a stirfry of 1 Leek, 1 Courgette, Mushrooms, Carrots (done in ribbons) I also topped the Turkey with some fried Halloumi (I say fried, but it's a non-stick Tefal pan (definitely worth investing in) so no oil was used.
    And that's it :-)
    I would recommend using Michi's Ladder (at the back of the Elite Nutrition book) I look at foods in the first two tiers and base the bulk of my meals around that, with the odd extra thrown in (like the Halloumi - I just love it).
    Anyway, good luck and stick at it - I'm only on day 5 tomorrow, but I feel fantastic !