Replies

• angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    - veggies and hummus
    - rice cake with natural peanut butter or nutella
    - apples slices with peanut butter
    - fruit and brie cheese, possibly with whole wheat crackers
    - larabars (I like the cookie dough flavor)
    - low cal popcorn
    - trail mix!
    - dairy (yogurt, hard boiled egg, lowfat string cheese, cottage cheese)
    - dark chocolate dipped strawberries
    - watermelon with mint
    - edamame!

Really endless possibilities!
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat apples, I used to love them so, especially with peanut butter. But I developed an allergy and if I eat anything with apples I get a headache now. Pears aren't the same.

I like rice cakes with Laughing Cow cheese spread on top. Or Trader Joe's "just enough" almond packs. One of those and I'm good to go for hours. I like to mix them with some raisins or chocolate chips.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    100 calorie bags of popcorn, frozen blueberries, fresh blueberries and blackberries
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hummus with Carrot Sticks, Apples with a tiny bit of peanut butter, Soy + Various Fruit "Shake" (without adding sugar), Trail Mix, Grapefruit, Fruit in General
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I normally just stick to the basic stuff. Apples, mixed nuts, hummus and veggies, bananas with peanut butter.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Biggish bowl of fresh strawberries.
    One or two tiny squares of Green & Black dark chocolate. 18 calories a square (no joke!) and super satisfying.
    Hummus and veggies.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas are like crack. Seriously.
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in sugar free Jello powder, greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom, Kind bars. Yum!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    --fresh veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, grape tomatoes, broccoli) with a ranch dip made from greek yogurt and a tablespoon or so or dry ranch dressing mix. No fat and lots of protein. And you still have the ranch creaminess that makes it feel like a treat.
    --Any fresh fruit. I love frozen grapes and strawberries right now.
    --String cheese
    --cottage cheese with a no added sugar fruit cup
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith apple with 1/4 C pistachios
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    raw almonds inside of plain oatmeal cooked with raisins. Mmm Mmm... of course thats more like a breakfast meal... but i like to use oatmeal as my after dinner dessert when I have room. Also greek yogurt with fresh chopped fruit, or also I enjoy freezing banana's (pre-slice first) or strawberries and topping with sweetner and redi-whip. Lol I love sweet stuff I'm sorry.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    --fresh veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, grape tomatoes, broccoli) with a ranch dip made from greek yogurt and a tablespoon or so or dry ranch dressing mix. No fat and lots of protein. And you still have the ranch creaminess that makes it feel like a treat.
    --Any fresh fruit. I love frozen grapes and strawberries right now.
    --String cheese
    --cottage cheese with a no added sugar fruit cup

I love ranch dressing and you just gave me a healthy way to make it......... I never would have thought to use a ranch packet and greek yogurt. Thanks !
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Grapes are my favorite snacks.
  • unknownexile
    Options
    either cottage cheese + Tuna with Cayenne pepper (mass protein)
    or 3/4 cup oats 1 egg and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese blended and thrown in a frying pan (turns into protein pancakes :D)
  • Chickie25
    Chickie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with PB2
    Air popped popcorn
    Any flavour greek yogurt with 1TBSP light Cool Whip mixed in with either berries or a bit of granola on top
    2 Ryvita crackers with laughing cow cheese & salsa
  • suefromgraysWECHANGED
    suefromgraysWECHANGED Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Slice a bananna,add one finger of a kitcat,
    Wrap in tin foil and put in oven for 5 mins.
    Enjoy.
    Sue :-)
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I"m with the guy who said snap peas are like crack -- I tell everyone that!!!!

Any fruit that is in season. Really, don't bother with crappy fruit!!!! Right now it is strawberries! And I have been lucky to get good melons lately (honeydew and watermelon) even though it is a bit early for their season, so I am winning at melon roulette!

Almonds and pistachios, as above have stated.

There are these breadsticks... they are Italian, they are long straws of crunchiness. Alessio Gringessi or something. They are fantastic, ok, they are crunchy, salty, low in calories, and take a while to eat. And they feel so fancy b/c they are skinny and long! Those I am digging!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sliced bananas and strawberries with a tablespoon of hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled over it

Cocoa roasted almonds

Crackers with feta cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, and pepper

Greek yogurt (Oikos banana cream yummm)

Nature Valley's Crunchy Granola (Oats and Dark Chocolate is my favorite)

Peanut butter
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail.

High protein, low calories, no carbs, low sodium and tastes GREAT...what's not to love?:happy:
  • itsthenewhealthyme
    Options
    Apples, with PB if I want something a little more filling.
    If you want a good protein-filled snack I also like greek yogurt (vanilla) with a tablespoon of PB stirred in. Sooooo good, by itself or as a dip for fruit! Sometimes I have it for breakfast as well.
    If you're looking for something light and crunchy, air popped popcorn is a great snack as well, although I find it doesn't really fill me up that much.