most embarrassing moment while working out...

Options
I thought it might be a fun thread. So I'll start. I was finishing up an hour long run on the treadmill and wondered why people walking past the glass where you could look into the gym were staring at me. My right boob had come out of my bra top.
The other time was when I cut a long run intended to be 15 miles short at only 9---I had diarrhea and had to go past a crows of people (I was running g around a golf course) to walk home (didn't drive there). Omg.

Replies

• ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    two words...
    yoga farts
  • Kenyaroja
    Kenyaroja Posts: 10
    Options
    Love zumba, but I go so hard I start "releasing" a lot of gas! I have to move around and hope no one knows it's me lol!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    two words...
    yoga farts

Two different words: tampon failure.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It happened years ago & hopefully no one but me remembers... I was lifting the stack on a calf raise machine & a grunt escaped...
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'd lost my gym ipod armband , I had a treadmill part of my workout to do I decided to try putting my ipod in my pocket and run. I was okay at a average speed until I started running fast my ipod flew down the treadmill belt to just in front of where my treadmill was. I kept running for a while until I finished that high part. A guy handed it to me. It was just awkward needless to say I made sure to always run with a ipod gym armband holder ever since.
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In the cardio room at the gym, where I go everyday I always kick my own butt and I am the sweatiest person there. Other than the thought "why the hell do I sweat like this" in my head I am always stared at by a bunch of the other gym goers. Although its embarrassing I like to think it just means I work especially hard.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Recently I was in the gym. Going thru the various pieces of equipment, when I notice I was getting strange looks from different people. This went on for over an hr. Finally, a sweet young thing came up to me and whispered in my ear. Sir...you have a bubble gum wrapper stuck to your forehead.

I slowly slung out the back door.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Recently I was in the gym. Going thru the various pieces of equipment, when I notice I was getting strange looks from different people. This went on for over an hr. Finally, a sweet young thing came up to me and whispered in my ear. Sir...you have a bubble gum wrapper stuck to your forehead.

I slowly slung out the back door.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was wearing cargo shorts because that's all I had clean. I've worked out in them before, but this time I was doing a lot of squats. About 2/3 of they way through I split the seat of my pants. I finished the workout with my back to the wall and left.

I bought lots of gym shorts since then.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I totally dribbled pee on the floor today... first heavy squat of the day- apparently I just didn't have the grip I thought I did on my insides.

pretty epic. and awful.

Thankfully the only other two people in the gym didn't witness this awesome venture.

Was not a good start to my lifts.
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was so in the zone on the elliptical that I was singing along with my Disney and broadway playlist out loud without realizing it.
    I totally dribbled pee on the floor today... first heavy squat of the day- apparently I just didn't have the grip I thought I did on my insides.

pretty epic. and awful.

Thankfully the only other two people in the gym didn't witness this awesome venture.

Somehow this is my favorite post so far, because I recognize you from around the forum.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fun thread!

I'm surprised I can't think of anything too embarrassing myself....just the few times I've dropped my phone/iPod and started falling all over myself on the elliptical/treadmill trying to get it, lol.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

pretty epic. and awful.

Tons of people pee/poop/puke on themselves at meets/strongman shows. At least no one was looking at you :flowerforyou:
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

pretty epic. and awful.

Ha Ha! Mine involves pee too! During a log press....from then on there's an extra change of clothes in my gym bag!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My 13-year old son and I take a boxing class together with the college boxing team at UC Davis. Recently, my son couldn't find the garment that he puts his groin protector or 'cup' into. So...he improvised. He sandwiched his cup between two pairs of underwear. Of course, mid-way through the warm ups it came loose dropped down the leg of his shorts and went skittering across the floor. One college girl's eyes just about popped from her head and one young man quipped, "Really?" The room, which was previously noisy with the sound of boxing had grown dead quiet. My son looked at me rather sheepishly. I nodded at him encouragingly and said, "You'd better deal with that, son." And then I tried not to crack up.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

pretty epic. and awful.

I can relate to this (after two kids) and am really impressed that you've stuck with lifting and look amazing. There are various exercises I shy away from because I end up with the same result as you - ie star jumps, skipping, snatch & clean.
  • lisajtubs
    lisajtubs Posts: 62
    Options
    happily running around a circuits class wondering why i was getting funny looks. Until somebody pointed out that I had two giant round wet patches over my boobs (I was nursing at the time!!)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't have many as I workout at home....but...

Last Wednesday...I was doing Deadlifts at a new high weight...and the last one was a tad harder than I expected...

The sound that came out of me scared the cats...and my husband from 2 rooms aways said to my son..."I think you have a new brother/sister"....:laugh:

Almost felt like it too...

And of course there is the nasty neighbour lady who watches me from her driveway when I am lifting through the window...I can just imagine what she thinks...good thing I don't give a flying blah about her.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    upside down on pole ( in pole fitness class) and due to fact I had lost size I had a embarrassing loss of shirt and the girls popped out to say hello
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    two words...
    yoga farts

Two different words: tampon failure.

Taekwondo. First ever lesson. Whtie uniform. Unexpected menstruation. Enough said.