couch to 5K

Options
anyone try this program? if so, how do you like it? does it work? I'm thinking of starting it next week... i want to be able to jog and get into jogging...

thanks

Replies

• mmelaniewalters
    Options
    i am seeing this a lot , and thinking about it too .... :)
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I think I might try it too...I've been curious what everyone's talking about....
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and LOVE it! I think it works!
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great program. It's the smart way to go to avoid injury when easing into a running program. I've done it before and would be in the middle of it now if I hadn't torn the ligaments in my ankle a few weeks ago...not by running. There's a good app for ipod/iphone and a very friendly and supportive group on Facebook, both under C25K. Good luck, I'll be back on it in a few weeks!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    started it in August last year and ran my first 5k in nov. It's a great program. There's a Couch to 5k facebook page that is great motivation and support too!

Go for it!!!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi,

I am going to start this program this week - I also got the C25K app for my iPhone so I will have to see how it goes

Steve
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    thanks for letting me know... im going to look up the group on fb and also download the app
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    hi there I started it in the summer and after a couple of hiccups thanks to not stretching and warming up enough! I graduated late autumn and am now doing the bridge to 10k, well i would be if i had warmed up enough when i went out in sub zero temps on 27/12.... instead i injured my calf doh!

it is a fantastic programme; the app i used is fantastic highly recommend it by runhelper I think, go for it and get addicted!
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    i believe that is it... but this is the site that i found also http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • mandyshell
    Options
    I LOVE it. I started Week 5 last night. I remember in Week 1 I thought I was going to DIE!! But if you keep at it and make sure to stretch before and after, you can do it. :)
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    can this plan be followed indoors too
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ha .. never knew what that stood for
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    staceyb_2003 I decided since the weather is so bad around where I am I've decided to do it on my exercise bike until the weather gets better. Once that happens I'm going to start from the beginning again on foot.