Dont like veggies

Options
I don't like veggies, Is it possible to lose weight and not eat veggies?

Replies

• jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a very important part of every diet. Not only because they aide significantly in weight loss, but they are FULL of different vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. There are ways to "mask" the appearance of veggies in your diet. For example, you could try making green smoothies an adding spinach/kale and carrots. Or, you could try juicing. If none of that works, there are pasta sauces and tomato juices (V8 for example) that provide you with servings of vegetables. You really should try to eat the real thing, though. At one point none of us liked them, but we had to grow to like them haha
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yes.

You don't need vegetation to lose weight.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you don't eat your veggies. Calories in, calories out is what matters. But , you can always have fruit if you like those (they really help with suppressing cravings).

I try to eat my vegetables, but they aren't all that good in my eyes. They do have health benefits though; minerals and nutrients;as well as fibre which makes you feel full so you eat less; anti-oxidants.

Calories in, calories out. Try to get some fruit in if you aren't getting vegetables!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat veggies to lose weight, but it will help (they fill you up with fewer calories) and they also help for general wellbeing and health. This recipe gets rave reviews even from my brother, who never touches a veggie. Use whatever veggies you have, the ones in the recipe aren't necessary if you don't have them or whatever:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/29347-slow-cooker-root-vegetable-stew
  • browneyes684
    browneyes684 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just some more information, I also have acid reflux so veggies and fruits (tomatoes, cucumber, citrus, bananas, celery, peppers) also bother me so my fruits and veggies are limited
  • browneyes684
    browneyes684 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    also i'm a picky eater, no soups, or slow cooker meals