I'm In Onederland

Options
COliver416
COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
I know this should be in the success part, but, I started off posting in Getting Started, at first, with my own concerns, with my own worries, then as I started getting balance, and greater understanding of myself and got a handle on my weight, I started answering others. So, for this morning, the twelfth of June, I thought I'd give some inspiration, and wholehearted offering.

For more than 20 years I struggled with obesity. For more than 20 years I was on diets. I went to doctors. I went to nutritionists. I went to hypnotists. I even went to a witch doctor. And that didn't work either.

But, eventually, I finally got a hold of my weight, and now for the first time since I was 13, I'm below 200. I don't know how to express the joy, the amazement, the wonderful feeling I have, but, I have it. I'm stronger, healthier, faster.

And here's what I learned.

It's all about the mindset.

You have to know what you want from your body, what does losing weight really mean to you. When you do that, everything changes.

It's not about setting goals, it's about creating purpose, and when you align yourself with purpose, you begin to see the horizon clearer, and the difficulties are no longer difficult, and the challenges no longer a challenge. They exist. But with purpose driven action, it is never in doubt that you can overcome.

Replies

• SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a HUGE step along your journey. You are so right, you have to want it and have a big enough incentive to stick with it. A person has to get past the idea of a diet and acknowledge this is a lifestyle change, a new way to live healthily that will be carried on for the rest of your life.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and success. You should be proud of yourself! It gives those of us an incentive to see someone make such great progress. Enjoy your victory.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Hitting Onederland was a major milestone for me and it kind of felt like Christmas all over again!! Great job!!!!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Onderland is this mystery place I have not seen in at least 45 years. I have bought a one way ticket on the Onderland Express and I will be joining you one day this summer. Save me a spot.

Cindy
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! I am aiming for wonderland too, this helps me keep perspective. Thank you!
  • bostonlinda
    bostonlinda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great post! I think this reorientation part and cultivating completely new habits is so important. I too have lost a significant amount of weight and feel like I have been re-created! And I hope you will continue to feel proud of yourself each and every day. And the cycle of good choices will continue...