p90x

Options
Just got it from a friend, but i am not sure if it it for me. i am 5'1" and about 169 lbs. should i lose a little more weight before begining the p90x?

Also, does anyone have any cheaper options for all of the workout eqiupment?

Replies

• StarbucksNut
    Options
    No don't try to lose weight before trying p90x. Just start and do as much as you can. It is a hard work out. My hubby and I have it and were doing well last year with it, then went on vacation and never started back up. You know the drill ! Anyhow, stick with it.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, p90x uses a lot of cheap stuff--resistance bands and free weights which can be really cheap if you're willing to shop around. I've also heard it's good for just about anyone--you go at your pace and to your personal maximum effort doing each exercise, so you should be able to do most of the exercises keeping the "personalization" factor in mind.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    go for it !
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    Trust me.. I'm a P90X believer.

You'll drop weight and inches while toning up using P90X. Don't wait. Get started!

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me :)

-Rain
  • Antiguabound
    Options
    Do it!! anyone can, I thought the same thing, maybe I should loose a few before trying i started last febuary and followed the diet plan and exersise and lost 22lbs be mid april!! and felt great too.. its HARD... but you have to be commited(damn I sound like the commerical.)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The thing about P90X is all the exercises are geared towards YOU. Meaning, you can add or subtract weight or reps depending on what your body needs. Do your best through all the workouts and you will progressively improve, including the cardio and yoga workouts. Anyone can do this!

I think the cheapest resistance bands are at Wal-Mart and they are typically cheaper than any set of hand weights. Later on you will probably want to use weights, but the bands are fine. Any kind of chin-up bar will work as well, and once again Wally World is pretty cheap. You can also wrap the resistance bands around the chin-up bar and do lat pulldowns until you are strong enough to do pull-ups. I would also recommend getting a yoga mat.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!!!
  • jmpacheco
    jmpacheco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for all the feedback! very helpful!!! i just read that it was basically for "fine tuning".. but i will get started, i have the yoga mat, and i have to dig out a band from somewhere. i am doing the lean program. i don't want to build lots and lots of muscle..
  • itstartsnow
    Options
    There different purposes to using P90X. I follow the "LEAN" program. Its more cardio a less resistance for weight loss. I weigh 170 and 5'0. Theres no need to lose weight before hand. Once I get down my weight I will then switch to the classic program for toning. I would definately recommend it. Its a go at your pace program. I love it :)
  • ABRASEL
    Options
    I started the Lean program yesterday. Go for it!! I am a runner by nature but have gained alot over the holidays as well as didnt have the time to workout or run. The weather (cold and dark so early) has me trapped indoors (or so it feels like)... so I decided to go ahead with the P90X (bought it last summer, but just got too involved in running instead and it fell by the wayside). Last night was Core Synergistics and I felt so pathetic, but I modified everything that seemed to difficult and MADE it "do-able"... GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • jmpacheco
    jmpacheco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    did all of you guys follow the nutritional plan? or just eat healthy.