Not feeling as hungry?

Options
IsaackGMOON
IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
So I've been trying to make healthy life style changes for 7 days now; counting calories and restricting them to 1800 so I lose weight. I've also been following insanity - which I'm starting to love.

But I'm feeling a lot less hungry. Yesterday (its 02:33 where I am) , so June 15th - I only at 1,245 calories. Breakfast I just felt like something simple so I went with a peanut butter sandwich.. then for a sort of early dinner, I had 1/3 quiche with 20g smoked salmon (around 330 calories). Then another peanut butter sandwich as I didn't really feel hungry.

I'm not sure if my stomach has shrunk within 7 days, is that possible?

Replies

• elizabethportman
    Options
    The most common reason for someone to not feel hungry is that they either just ate, or they have not burned enough calories since last eating. However, not feeling hungry or wanting to eat when your body needs the calories is called anorexia and has many causes, including psychological (anorexia nervosa); chronic illness (especially kidney disease); and cancer. If you have anorexia combined with weight loss, you should see your doctor as soon as possible.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The most common reason for someone to not feel hungry is that they either just ate, or they have not burned enough calories since last eating. However, not feeling hungry or wanting to eat when your body needs the calories is called anorexia and has many causes, including psychological (anorexia nervosa); chronic illness (especially kidney disease); and cancer. If you have anorexia combined with weight loss, you should see your doctor as soon as possible.

This isn't always the case. Exercise actually makes me feel like I don't want to eat, the harder it is the longer the effect. My daily calories fluctuate between 1000 and 2500 depending on what I feel like eating, and what I feel like eating plays a huge role. Eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal, cheese and a few other things have the tendency to make me feel full after a small amount. On days where I mostly feel like eating breads, pastas and cakes, I tend to feel hungrier so I eat more.

On days your calories are too low, just include some calorie dense foods and you should be able to reach the limits you have set for yourself. Nuts come to mind as nutritious and calorie rich. Lots of calories in a small amount.