HELP please

Options
Hey guys, TIA for your help!

The question I have is....

For the first time ever, I'm eating right, drinking loads and exercising. So why oh why is my skin in worse condition now than it has been in ages?

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    You are possibly flushing toxins out of your body. It is kind of like a facial, your purge all the crap out of your skin and then it gets nice. Or, is it possible you need to wash your face with something new now that you are sweating more?
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Your skin changes with age, different hormones and even sweating can effect your skin. Try to change up your skin care products. When I was pregnant with my son I had to stop using my beloved MK skin care and switch to something aimed for breakouts. I am back using MK but have had to switch formulas.
  • AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree with sillygoose.... I just went through the same thing, it will pass. Just keep drinking lots of water, wash you face, exfoliate, maybe go get a facial and see what the esthetician says about your skin type and have them recommend some products.
  • buffalo77
    Options
    The same thing is happening to me. I think it must be all the sweating from working out.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Try using natural skin care products instead of those made with harsh chemicals. (Look on the back label to see if it's tested on animals. If it isn't, it's safe for your skin.) I like the Yes to Carrots/Tomatoes/Cucumbers/Blueberries products, Alba Organics, Earth Science, and some others I can't think of. Go to a natural foods store, they'll have plenty to choose from. But even Target carries Yes to... and Alba Organics products.
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use all natural sklin care productions for combination skin!

Fingers crossed its just temporary!
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    sweet potatoes are good for the skin, i cut them into steak fries and cook in oven with a little evoo sprinkled on top with cinnamon and cayenne pepper
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    PP are right on! I had trouble with my skin at first due to the toxins leaving and the weight loss. In fact, my skin would look extra "wrinkly" right before the scale showed a 3+ lb weight loss, then, about a week or two later, my skin would adjust and look right again. It would happen in my arms and face especially.

So, age, hormones, weight loss...it all affects our largest organ...the skin! Try some of the suggestions here--I'm going to-- and see an esthetician every now and then for a luxurious facial!
  • soyjoy
    soyjoy Posts: 12
    Options
    I am with Sillygoose...toxins and sweating...drinking plenty of water and using a good skin care product (not tested on animals!) should get you through. I have been at this for a couple of months now and my body is still detoxing from all of the preservatives and bad things I was consuming. Detox teas too...
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    For the first two months or so after starting to eat healthy and work out, my skin was awful.

My cheeks became dry and raw - it was terrible looking. Also dried out some on my arms.

After a while it inexplicably cleared up of its own accord and now my skin looks.... good. I seriously don't break out as much as I did before losing weight, WITHOUT as much product.

My THEORY for what happened:

1. I was eating less greasy food and therefore my sweat composition changed. Basically I think I wasn't sweating skin marinade anymore.

2. Toxin flushout.

3. Working out on elliptical = sweating = excessive face wiping with towel, t-shirt, etc = raw skin

It should even out. If not, check with a dermatologist. I also had an allergic reaction to chlorine in the lap pool, so depending on if you've entered a new environment for your skin, it may be allergic.