most embarrassing moment while working out...

Options

Replies

• black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Recently I was in the gym. Going thru the various pieces of equipment, when I notice I was getting strange looks from different people. This went on for over an hr. Finally, a sweet young thing came up to me and whispered in my ear. Sir...you have a bubble gum wrapper stuck to your forehead.

I slowly slung out the back door.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am cry laughing at this. How did it get there?!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've hit myself in the face doing the medicine ball rebounder at my planet fitness =/

ied doing stability ball exercises and ended up rolling around on the floor with it like a panda

Was really into something I was watching on netflix while using the elliptical and just absentmindedly released a fart, that was probably as loud as it felt but i had headphones in

I've tumbled off the elliptical twice in my life because i tried working out when i knew i was getting sick and was too fatigued to stay on the machine

And last but not least....the freakin precor stretch trainer machine. Wtf is it, what does it do? I have no idea. Last time I tried to use it after watching someone else my legs got all entangled and I went down like a pile of bricks LOL.

:laugh: That description is brilliant! So far I don't have any of my own to add which is a minor miracle as I'm about the clumsiest person ever.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    As a new part of our heavy circuit in the boxing gym we had to swing long-handled 15lb sledge hammers and bring them down full force onto some oversized, hard to miss, steel-belted radial tyres. All well and good for the first 30 seconds or so on it, at which point I missed the tyre completely and tore a chunk not only out of the linoleum flooring but also some of the concrete below. I got some slagging over that one.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Protein farts in the squat rack on the last rep. Damned near cleared the building and the Department of Homeland Security was called for a possible gas attack.
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Recently I was in the gym. Going thru the various pieces of equipment, when I notice I was getting strange looks from different people. This went on for over an hr. Finally, a sweet young thing came up to me and whispered in my ear. Sir...you have a bubble gum wrapper stuck to your forehead.

I slowly slung out the back door.

that is possibly the funniest thing I have heard all year!!

My incident

30mins of my workout spent with my trousers on inside out (label poking out the bag and go-faster stripes on the inside and clear seams on the outside)

was informed by a male a good way into the work out

then tried to style it out nicely by soaking myself with the new water fountain that had been installed and the jet was too powerful - cue drowning and spluttering noises with label poking out and trouser seams on show!

Black_cats - that chewing gum wrapper is possibly the funniest thing I have heard all year!
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    Best thread ever.
    Glad I am not the only one who has trouble trying not to fart during strength training!
  • Luna_Llena
    Luna_Llena Posts: 15
    Options
    Best thread ever.
    Glad I am not the only one who has trouble trying not to fart during strength training!

lol definitely not the only one girl
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'd just look around like I didn't know what that noise was...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I was at the gym with my brother. I was running on the treadmill when I must have tripped over my feet and fell face first on to the treadmill. My brother thought it was hilarious. I left.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Saturday, I went out running for the first time. The only pair of shorts I had on hand were slightly shrunken. I thought, "eh, they'll stretch to fit as I wear them." Half way into my run, I paused for a water break and realized my shorts (and undies) had worked their way allll the way up into my crack. My cheeks were on full display. Thankfully it was early morning and there weren't any other people at the park, but dang.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fell over the handle bars of my stationary bike and ended up with a bruise on my right hip and boob. The dog thought it was nice I'd laid down so he could kiss my face.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I totally dribbled pee on the floor today... first heavy squat of the day- apparently I just didn't have the grip I thought I did on my insides.

pretty epic. and awful.

Thankfully the only other two people in the gym didn't witness this awesome venture.

Was not a good start to my lifts.

Respect level for the JoRock has risen a few notches today.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I wish I had anything good to add. Only thing I've done that I haven't seen mentioned is missing one of the j-hooks when re-racking the bar, resulting in a whole lot of clatter as the weights fly off one end, and then the other as the bar catapults in the opposite direction. Whoops. I've seen it happen a few times so no one is really phased anymore.
  • SharAnWil
    SharAnWil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was riding the stationary bike for over an hour when I was done my pants were WET!!! Embarrassing!!!
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was doing sprints on the treadmill and someone dropped the bar in the squat rack onto the sides of the rack & it spooked me; I flew (literally, flew...) backward off of the treadmill and into the water fountain. Split my pants & had to get stitches and burnt my calves from the blacktop on the treadmill...but it's hilarious now and I wish I could see a video of it.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had a new under armour front zip bra and I was on the treadmill in a white t-shirt. Unbeknownst to me the zipper had come almost completely undone. I slowed down from a run to a walk and tried to fix it but eventually had to get off the treadmill (which meant I lost my spot b/c there was a line waiting for them) and go to the locker room to fix it. I think I left after that b/c I was so mad. Needless to say, I will NEVER buy one of those again. EVER.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    working on legs at kung fu, we were on stance 6 of 8, alternating sliding technique from a standing position to the floor, and back up

erikstretch.jpg

I was feeling good, a little tired in the glutes but then some how my body just performed this super slow motion melt and I couldn't get up. Everyone was laughing, especially me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I totally dribbled pee on the floor today... first heavy squat of the day- apparently I just didn't have the grip I thought I did on my insides.

pretty epic. and awful.

Thankfully the only other two people in the gym didn't witness this awesome venture.

Was not a good start to my lifts.

Respect level for the JoRock has risen a few notches today.

thank you kindly. means a lot coming from you.

I would also like to add- I absolutely sprayed and cleaned up the floor. Like an adult.
    I was doing sprints on the treadmill and someone dropped the bar in the squat rack onto the sides of the rack & it spooked me; I flew (literally, flew...) backward off of the treadmill and into the water fountain. Split my pants & had to get stitches and burnt my calves from the blacktop on the treadmill...but it's hilarious now and I wish I could see a video of it.
    I have yet to do this- although I did almost fall over after running 8 miles on the tread mill- had to go pee- stopped- slowed- and tried to walk quickly to the bathroom but my body wasn't really sure what was happening- almost flopped drunken style into a line of cardio equipment.

I am so grateful I have never split my pants (knock on wood).... I try to inspect my pants when I put them on- but the reality is- if I'm at the gym and that's all I have- that's all I have and they split I'm SOL.
    Perhaps I should start carrying duck tape with me to tape myself back together.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Working with resistance bands in my CX Worx class, and one of them snapped in half on me! One half flew to the back of the class nearly hitting some poor woman, the other half snapped my leg so hard I fell over!
  • xcursumperficiox
    Options
    On the floor doing sit ups, I managed to press out my tampon.