Terrible calorie weekend

Options
I did allot of mindless eating over the weekend. Yesterday my calories went OVER by nearly 3000! Now panicking I'm heading for a huge gain this week. Anyone else have these kind of issues on their weight loss journey?

Replies

• butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You need to go 3,500 over maintenance to gain 1lb.

Assuming your goal is set at a moderate deficit to lose 1lb per week, you'll have already been targetting 500 lower than maintenance. This means that the "blowout" will be less than 1lb of weight.

So ..... don't worry over it; today is a new day ..... just get back on the wagon and maybe do an extra half hour in the gym ;-)
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had a similar weekend - but mine was alcohol. Got persuaded to go to a friends house for cocktails. Never again. On the plus side, I was so ill Im hoping most of the calories wont have been absorbed! Plus I felt so rotten yesterday I hardly ate anything! x
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Every weekend is over calories for me! I try to make up for that by being good through the week and it seems to be working so far.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying, the worst case scenario is that you would not lose weight that week. Remember you are keeping a daily deficit of, say, 500. 3500 over your target means about a week at maintenance. Unless you ate 7000 calories over target, you will not be gaining all that much. It sure won't undo all the previous weeks where you lost, either. Today is a new day :)

Just remember, you will see a temporary gain that will level out in a few days. This is not real weight gain.
  • tefleon
    tefleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did allot of mindless eating over the weekend. Yesterday my calories went OVER by nearly 3000! Now panicking I'm heading for a huge gain this week. Anyone else have these kind of issues on their weight loss journey?

If you do gain then you already know why and can move on. Last week was a work conference (free wine and food all day anyone?) and then a weekend of being taken to wife organised events which involved to much food. I just started today by drawing a line under all that and carried on. There isn't any shame in it because that's just living.
  • Dinkysmum
    Dinkysmum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't panic hun; we all have times (and it's usually the weekends) where life just seems to throw calories at us! You know that you've overdone it a bit so make sure you eat clean & exercise this week to pick up where you were before the weekend.
    Like everyone else has said as long as you're running at a sensible deficit or maintenance the rest of the time you won't necessarily see a loss but you shouldn't see a gain either. xx
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a day like that yet, but I definitely didn't make the best choices this weekend, and felt a little blah for it... but, I had a really fun weekend, and have no regrets!

One day, once in a while is going to happen - everyone indulges... everyone... maybe not always with food, but it's part of life - at least that's how I feel! I got into a rut of "indulging" on a regular basis, and there is where I went wrong... once in a while though? Not going to sweat it!