Only 2 Meals A Day?

Options
So, the easiest way for me to stick to a diet and lose weight is to eat a solid breakfast, a huge lunch, and nothing for the rest of the day. Occasionally I might have a snack before bedtime if I need the calories. For whatever reason, when I eat this way I feel full all day, never hungry, have a consistent energy level, and I fall asleep easily. I have no reason to really be concerned about this, as it feels very natural and right for me, but when I think about it, or describe this to other people, it just sounds like there must be something wrong! I mean, the 5 or 6 small meals a day is supposed to be best, right? Not a bowel-bolting shock of two huge feasts a day!? Any thoughts? Concerns? Questions? I want to ensure that I'm treating myself right and not doing something hurtful to my body or unhealthy.
thanks in advance!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea. You may want to read this article.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/15-worst-health-diet-myths
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you think that you are full all day because your metabolism has slowed down to accommodate the fact that you are only eating 2 big meals a day?

The reason why it is good to break down your meals is because you want to constantly be burning calories. When you are not doing this, your body tries to store what you eat when you do get food. Your metabolism slows down so you don't burn all the calories you consumed because it thinks your food supply is limited so it goes into survival mode.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Great article Dan! Thanks for sharing!
  • Turbo_Addict
    Options
    YES HELLO THERE. HOW ARE YOU? WELL I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU CAN NOT DO THAT TO YOUR BODY. THAT IS A BAD THING TO DO, YOU NEED TO EAT WITH IN YOUR CALORIE RANGE AND YOU NEED TO EAT 5 SMALL MEALS A DAY BECAUSE IT HELPS TO PREVENT YOU FROM GOING INTO STARVATION MODE, SO YOU NEED TO KEEP FUELING YOUR BODY IT IS A MACHINE. sO YOU NEED TO HAVE A NICE HEALTHY BREAKFEST, THEN SNACK....LUCNH, SNACK AND DINNER..NOW WITH THAT YOU NEED TO AT LEAST HAVE THEM 2-3 HOURS APART BUT BE SURE YOU AT LEAST WAIT 4 HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING 4 HOURS BEFORE BED BECAUSE YOUR BODY IS SHUT DOWN AND CANT BURN THOSE OFF SO WHAT IT DOES IT STORE IT AS FAT. ANY FITNESS TRAINER WILL TELL YOU THIS, WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU OR YOUR BODY. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. ALSO WHAT HELPS IS DRINKING A BOTTLE OF WATER 30 MIN BEFORE YOU EAT AND THAT WILL HELP YOU TO GET FULLER AND STAY FULL. THE 5 MEALS HELPS KEEP YOUR METABOLISIM UP WITH YOU AND FAST. AND DRINK YOUR WATER TOO IT HELPS WITH ALOT! =)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I just don't think its a realistic way to lose and then maintain a healthy weight loss. It kind of depends on perspective - if your just looking to drop a few pounds and this works for you, okay. However, once you lose the weight and and go back to 3 meals a day plus snacks, you're not going to be able to manage your calories correctly. Maintained, sustained weight loss has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet that you can live with for a short time.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I really really appreciate the feedback! I will make an concerted effort to change my routine. Again, thank you all!!!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My co-worker did this for over a year and lost over 100 pounds. She is very overweight and still needed to lose another 80 pounds. She maintained for awhile and then started gaining back the weight. She is now back to her original weight and probably a few more. If she could have stayed on some type of plan after losing the initial 100 pounds she would probably have been o.k. I think eating two meals a day over a long period of time can be challenging. If you continue to do this you want to be sure you are getting in enough nutrients. Good Luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • hmsampat
    Options
    I think the best answer can be given by you only as everyone is unique and response given by body of everyone is different you have to judge whats good for your body. I tried several things which was successful with others but not me. for me its Big Breakfast and than Light snacks whenever there is hunger pang if at all otherwise i try to restrict input however i take something before sleep mostly soup so i can sleep otherwise with empty stomach i dont get sleep