Will i still lose at 1800 calories when breastfeeding?

Options
So if I add 500 calories for breastfeeding I should eat around 1800 calories a day... I am worried I'll start to gain. Any advice?

Replies

• kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i average about 2300 a day and ive lost weight, i am very active though
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My advice is based just on me I ate very healthily and sensibly while I breastfed but my body clung onto about 10lbs of weight and fat as this can be a natural thing when you breastfeed so your body replenishes milk it can add fat to body and weight just incase your body needs more milk but it fell off as soon as I stopped all 3 times
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1800 is the absolute minimum you can eat and it possibly won't screw up your milk supply. But more definitely won't hurt! Netting 1300 calories is NOTHING...you could easily up it to 2000/day and lose fine!
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Worry about losing later… eat healthy and sensibly for right now. An additional 500 for full time nursing and 300 for part time nursing is about right.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I would be more worried about affecting your milk supply than gaining weight at 1800 calories. I would try to calculate TDEE and then reduce that by 100-200 calories for a few weeks. If that goes okay and you are still producing milk and baby is still gaining weight appropriately, then you could cut back calories a bit more.