Seeking help

Options
PaulaKac
PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
I ate a boneless skinless chicken breast for breakfast. Is that ok? If not, what should I have done??

Replies

• RoyalWarrior
    RoyalWarrior Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? If so, then it's fine. Did you have any fruits or veggies with it? If not, that might be a good addition.
  • haleyj089
    haleyj089 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chicken for breakfast! Good source of protein! I have taken a boneless skinless breast and shredded it, then made an omelet or mixed it with scrambled eggs or something with it! :)
  • PaulaKac
    Options
    Thank You. One more thing, is there a calorie goal for breakfast I should be aiming for?
  • PaulaKac
    Options
    Thank You. I just ate the chicken breast and drank water.
  • nogoodworkouts
    Options
    Its high in protein which helps you stay full and focused, but it also depends on your diet for how much you should eat. Are you trying to loose weight or gain muscle? Are you a snacker or a big lunch or dinner person? What times do you get to eat again through the day? All important things to look at!
  • PaulaKac
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight. Dinner is my biggest meal. I try to keep down the calories during the day so I can eat dinner
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thank You. One more thing, is there a calorie goal for breakfast I should be aiming for?

Depends on your daily goal and how many times a day you eat. If your calorie intake is, say, 1800 (don't really know yours, just a guess) and you eat 6 times a day( that's me, don't know about you) then you would take the 1800 and divide by 6 = 300 per meal.

ETA - a 4 oz chicken breast would cost you 164 calories and add 26 grams protein.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want for whatever meal and the only concern about calories should be the final total for the day. If you enjoy a bigger dinner, you can do a small breakfast, moderate lunch, and the big dinner. There is no "correct" way to eat your calories. Everyone is different. We all enjoy different foods and meal frequencies.

Find meals that you like, that fit into your calorie goals, that you can enjoy when you want. So many different eating habits around MFP and lots of people seeing results with all styles. Find what works for you that you can stick with. There are no hard fast rules.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Agree as long as your daily calories are met at the end of the day or week 8)
    I usually eat about 260 calories for breakfast. 200g 0% fat cottage cheese and yogurt 8)