"Dessert"?

Options
sbpuckett73
sbpuckett73 Posts: 11 Member
What suggestions do you have to fulfill my sweet tooth? My cravings are usually chocolate, particuarly ice cream or candy bars. I'm just today trying to start over and make some permanent, healthy changes including a good excercise routine and healthier eating. What do you eat that curves those sweet cravings?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What suggestions do you have to fulfill my sweet tooth? My cravings are usually chocolate, particuarly ice cream or candy bars. I'm just today trying to start over and make some permanent, healthy changes including a good excercise routine and healthier eating. What do you eat that curves those sweet cravings?

You're in luck as both ice cream or a candy bar can fit in a healthy diet
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and/or frozen yogurt. But when nothing but the real deal will work, I keep a couple snack size peppermint patties in the freezer. They're fairly low in fat/calories and when frozen, they take a bit longer to enjoy, which slows down the consumption for maximum enjoyment.
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. i crave chocolate all the time and went crazy eating brownies this weekend. don't deprive yourself, have one small bar every night after dinner like i do. portion control is everything.
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One Reese PB cup has only 80 calories. IF you can stop at one, that is the challenge!

I also enjoy a bowl of raspberries (a whole carton of them), sprinkled with 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tablespoons of half-and-half. It's extremely sweet and low in calories, and it's actually pretty filling.

Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Grahams (there's all kinds of flavours) are about 140 calories per 1/3 cup, which is a sizeable portion.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I'm not a fan of crap chocolate though... all my stuff is 80%+

Get some.

Find some other things you like, and eat them. Yesterday, I had some delicious nutella ice cream.
  • eklavon84
    eklavon84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fresh, home frozen. If that doesn't work. I've learned no sugar added frozen yogurt is good, and then the 100 calories mini drumsticks/ice cream sandwiches wont kill your day; I try and plan ahead and do a lil more excercise so I can enjoy. Also some sugar free sweets are a little lower in calories.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate and ice cream for breakfast, and still had lots of healthy stuff, too. My diary is complete if you want to look. Also, check this link out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Weightwatchers dark chocolate raspberry icream. 80 cal.
    But, a terrible truth: it is difficult to stop at one.
    So i had to stop buying them.
    Now, i just cut thin slices of different fruits and berries and place them prettily on my plate, decorating them with a spring of mint.
    For hubby, i add a spoon on non sweet yogurt on top.
    Thus, you get your sweet bite after dinner, and finish with chewing on mint. After mint, you dont want to put anything in your mouth, it is like brushing teeth, all minty, pleasant, but does not encourage eating.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffles! Only 100 cal. I love these things!

skinny-cow-chocolate-truffle-ice-cream-bar.png
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like the individually wrapped squares of dark chocolate. This is really embarrassing but I make my boyfriend hid them from me in the house and when I'm really struggling he'll get 1 for me. This takes the edge off but keeps me from devouring the entire bag in a moment of weakness.

If I have it planned, sometimes I'll make chocolate protein crepes. 2 egg whites, 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder, water or milk and shake or whip it up and cook it in a saute pan. I prefer to top with chocolate almond butter and, if you have the carbs left for it, banana slices.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Get some.

Find some other things you like, and eat them. Yesterday, I had some delicious nutella ice cream.

^^ NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?! I almost just passed out. ^^
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I run a very strict diet. I've completely eliminated syrup from my pancakes, and replaced it with a healthier, lower calorie option: ICE CREAM!

1/2 cup of ice cream has less calories than 1/4 cup of Mrs Butterworth's. It's got better macros, is more filling, and tastes better.

tl,dr: You want dessert? Eat dessert
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options

:love:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If you like to cook, chocolatecoveredkatie.com will be your friend :)

dessertswithbenefits.com and foodiefiasco.com are also great~
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options

^^ This....had my first one last night. Yum. Also Skinny Cow Heavenly crisp peanut butter...110 Cals. Smart Ones ice cream (cookie dough or pb cup) 140 cals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This, IIFYM
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options

Get some.

^^ NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?! I almost just passed out. ^^

IKR!!! Does Nutella make icecream now or are you adding it in??? OH MY YUM that sounds good!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If you like to cook, chocolatecoveredkatie.com will be your friend :)

dessertswithbenefits.com and foodiefiasco.com are also great~

I have to go see what desserts with benefits is because well that name is awesome.
  • Fitnesstracker2234
    Options
    Banana ice cream, banana ice cream, banana ice cream. I cannot get enough of this stuff for sweet tooth cravings.

http://www.thekitchn.com/stepbystep-instructions-for-one-ingredient-ice-cream-97170

I usually add a dash of vanilla extract, a bit of unsalted peanut butter, or cacao powder depending on the flavour I want!

Or if you have a craving for chocolate, try making your own dark chocolate covered almonds. The darker the chocolate, the more guilt - free.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my absolute favorite. I freeze fruit and then blend it with low calorie almond milk. That is a great fix. Coffee with 1 tablespoon creamer normally kills chocolate cravings. There is a spicy cayenne dark chocolate. One square and I have had enough