"Dessert"?

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    What suggestions do you have to fulfill my sweet tooth? My cravings are usually chocolate, particuarly ice cream or candy bars. I'm just today trying to start over and make some permanent, healthy changes including a good excercise routine and healthier eating. What do you eat that curves those sweet cravings?

You're in luck as both ice cream or a candy bar can fit in a healthy diet

Yup. I'm planning on crushing several oreos into some greek yogurt later tonight. YUM!! The key to sticking to a "diet" is to make some changes to your lifestyle forever. Teach yourself how to eat just a little bit, or just a normal amount of the things you love. Plan them into your calories, don't make them extra calories. . . and voila!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member

I run a very strict diet. I've completely eliminated syrup from my pancakes, and replaced it with a healthier, lower calorie option: ICE CREAM!

1/2 cup of ice cream has less calories than 1/4 cup of Mrs Butterworth's. It's got better macros, is more filling, and tastes better.

tl,dr: You want dessert? Eat dessert
    Ice cream on pancakes sounds deeeeeelish!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    One Reese PB cup has only 80 calories. IF you can stop at one, that is the challenge!

I also enjoy a bowl of raspberries (a whole carton of them), sprinkled with 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tablespoons of half-and-half. It's extremely sweet and low in calories, and it's actually pretty filling.

Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Grahams (there's all kinds of flavours) are about 140 calories per 1/3 cup, which is a sizeable portion.

Frozen raspberries (or blackberries) fork mashed with sugar and half and half is Devine but high in calories. My fat bowl doesn't help :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member

I run a very strict diet. I've completely eliminated syrup from my pancakes, and replaced it with a healthier, lower calorie option: ICE CREAM!

1/2 cup of ice cream has less calories than 1/4 cup of Mrs Butterworth's. It's got better macros, is more filling, and tastes better.

I didn't even need to scroll back to see who posted this. :bigsmile:
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Nutella by the spoonful...NOM, NOM, NOM :bigsmile:
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    I have sweet tooth at all times. I will usually grab a bite size butterfinger bar (45calories each) and eat that. They stick to your teeth so you can taste them for a while after you've eaten it. :laugh:
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    You can eat whatever you want, but I'm assuming that you're looking for a lower calorie version to satisfy your sweet tooth.

seedless red grapes

They. Are. Delicious.

Freeze them and eat them like that if you prefer them cold.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member

giphy.gif
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    I just buy bags of the fun size candy, and single servings of ice cream.

They're kind of lower calorie, in a way.
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    For me there are no good substitutes, so I just eat less of the good stuff. For instance, I eat half a kit kat bar for dessert at work every day. 105 calories isn't too difficult to make fit into my calorie coal. Also, frozen yogurt is a lower calorie option for ice cream and it tastes almost as good. Just make sure to measure it out carefully before you eat it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Cocoa roast almonds
    Reduced calorie frozen treats - fudgecicles, WW or Skinny Cow type ice cream treats, frozen greek yogurt bars
    Greek yogurt w/ fruit and/or nuts or granola
    Chocolate almond milk
  • I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Chocolate is my weakness!! But for a couple months I have fell in love with what I call "Apple Delight" I cut up an apple in slices, 2 TBS of peanut butter or less depends....and sprinkle a few of the Mini Chocolate Chips over it OR Dark Chocolate Chips. SO GOOD!

Dole Banana & Strawberry Dippers are delicious as well. All in Dark Chocolate (not bitter) and only 100 cals for 4 in a pack.

Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry OR Pomegranate Covered are really good with some Cinnamon Almonds. Just make your own trail mix with them.

:D Enjoy!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Chocolate. I'm not a fan of crap chocolate though... all my stuff is 80%+

Get some.

Find some other things you like, and eat them. Yesterday, I had some delicious nutella ice cream.

^^ NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?! I almost just passed out. ^^

I take vanilla ice cream (soften it a bit first), some nutella, some chopped up pecan nuts and cherries. Mix it all up and bit back in fridge. Enjoy by the spoonfuls!!:drinker:
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    I like berries (sometimes fresh ones, but the frozen ones are good too), with some greek style yogurt and a little honey :) I also like mullerlight yogurts, and what I really can't resist is a treat rather than a dessert - dark (85%) chocolate :) but only a little bit.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Jaffa Cakes!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Chocolate. I'm not a fan of crap chocolate though... all my stuff is 80%+

Get some.

Find some other things you like, and eat them. Yesterday, I had some delicious nutella ice cream.

^^ NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?! I almost just passed out. ^^

I take vanilla ice cream (soften it a bit first), some nutella, some chopped up pecan nuts and cherries. Mix it all up and bit back in fridge. Enjoy by the spoonfuls!!:drinker:

Sounds great! will have to try that! :)
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Easy: Berries- or a piece of dark chocolate.
    Not so easy: chia pudding with coconut milk and vanilla. This needs to "set" overnight so the chia seeds gel- but it's worth it.
    I also will take an apple and dice it up, and stick in the mircrowave w. some butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Top with nuts. Delish.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I'm surprised no one has suggested frozen banana "ice cream" :sick:

Just eat your normal dessert...fit it into your day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I'm surprised no one has suggested frozen banana "ice cream" :sick:

Just eat your normal dessert...fit it into your day.

You missed it, it was on page 1 lol

I'll stick with my peanut butter chocolate ice cream
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    My only warning (and maybe it was just me), is that I got so used to having dessert most nights when I was on MFP the first time. There are sooo many options that are low calorie and delicious, that it was always just part of the routine to have some sort of sweet snack after dinner.

But then when I stopped using MFP so religiously, even if I still ate healthy out in real life (at a bbq having some salad, fruit salad, and bbq chicken or something) I would still have that dessert habit, and it got out of hand. Real world desserts are not MFP desserts! The fact of the matter was, with regular food you can compromise.

So personally, I had a hard time with desserts in particular when it came to trying to maintain/lose weight off of MFP, and a lot of it had to do with the dessert habit.

That being said, if you have good willpower, I have an amazing low calorie dessert, I call it Cheesecake Pumpudding.

1/2 Cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk (15 Calories)
    1/2 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin Puree (40 Calories)
    1/2 Packet Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding (50 Calories)
    Pumpkin Spice to taste (Start with 1/2 tsp, it can be strong stuff)
    Sweetener to taste (I use some Splenda, but it really doesn't need it, just adds that extra sweetness)