40 years old in 8 days

Options
I am 40 in 8 days. My hubby wanted to take me on a trip somewhere hot with the kids. I had to say no as I was not spending a week in a bathingsuit looking like this. My goal is too lose some weight and feel great.

So here I go again. I lost 50lbs after my 2nd child and was working out religeously...I actually liked it. I even joined a co-ed soccer team and I loved being fit and excersising. I then found out I had Gal Stones...my Dr. looked at me and said "that's what you get for eating chiken wings and fries" OMG... are you kidding? I worked my butt literally off and that's what I get. So long story short... I could not work out after my surgery for quite a while and I just gave up. So here we are again....

So...how about 40lbs in my 40th year?? Good Luck Me... :)

Replies

• sassygirl49b
    Options
    I am pulling for you, you can do it.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My 40th birthday was my "kick in the rear" to improve my health. It is a year later and I have lost about 50 pounds and feel amazing. I am confident that I will lose my final 30 pounds and have a much longer and healthier life for it. I have completely changed what is in the kitchen, how I cook, and how I view food. The holidays were easy because we just don't consume much crap anymore. If I want a treat I make it from scratch, using healthier ingredients and cooking methods. I will never again have to lose weight because I will never again go back to my "former life" as Im much happier and energetic now. Food even tastes much better now as I use herbs, spices, and very fresh items for flavor instead of fat and salt.

If a "set in her ways" stubborn gal like me can do this you sure can too!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Umm... your doctor sounds extremely unfriendly and rude! That is crazy! You can do this! MFP is awesome, and you will find many friendly and supportive people here. Welcome!!! If you want, feel free to add me as a friend! =)
  • lachamblee
    Options
    Good Luck, You! I have a similar goal -- I will turn 40 in May and would like to lose 40 pounds by then. I guess I should say "Good Luck, US!"
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    40 in 40 sounds great! Tell hubby you'd like a raincheck for your 41st!

40 is 3 years away for me but my goal is not only to lose my extra weight, but to keep it off and reach 40 in the best shape of my life.
  • northernmum
    northernmum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 at the end of this month so I'm thinking just like you. I always said I would lose the las bit of 'baby weight' before I was 40 and now it's nearly upon me! I'm now aiming to be fit and fabulous in my forties instead of by the time I'm forty! Good luck.
  • evelyn2000
    Options
    Wow...thanks everyone. This is just what I needed to be surrounded by positive like minded people. I know I can do it. See you all in the Success Stories!!!