Focus T25 Starting Today

Options
12346»

Replies

• nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    FYI - Still plugging away. Missed a week on a business trip, unfortunately. However, I have abandoned Beta. The lunges in Beta were just too hard on my knees and thighs, so I started Gamma. I LOVE GAMMA round! I'm one week down on it and it is great. This will be my workout for a while.

The lunges are super hard on my knees too! I don't have Gamma but one of my MFPers said that she loves it so I may need to invest. Thanks for the info!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Well this is an older post, but I have been a plateau since I started, even when I was eating perfectly. My body was not really loosing anything and I was running, playing tennis, etc. Don't know what else I could do. My weight loss goal was aggressive at 2 lbs a week and the system wanted me to eat 1200 a day, which I would die if I did that so mentally I only opted for 1 lb a week and I eat about 1500 a day, and work out about 4 times a week. Still nothing. I am trying not to let myself believe the argument some people make about weight loss- "maybe you are just one of those people who will never loos weight because your body wants to hold onto what it has"- but it is getting harder to stay motivated. I am 5.6 1/2 and I weighed 178.2 when I started in April, but now I weight 181.2 - yes I have gone UP!!!! WTH! :explode:

I had some medical issues back in April but they did not make me loose weight so I couldn't even begin to figure out what is wrong with my body and my metabolism. Well with all that said, I need a supercharge workout that will, I hope, shock my body because running, tennis, walking, weights, etc. aren't doing a damn thing. (no I do not always eat back my workout points).:grumble:

I ordered T25 on Sunday an I am hoping it gets to me by Wednesday so I can get started on it this week. Fingers crossed, I am hoping I have the results some people have by the end of the program and that I can loose at least 10 lbs or if not lbs then at least I can loose 2 inches per thigh, 1 inch on each arm, 2 inches around my chest and 4-6 inches around my tummy.
    I am going to take before and after pics and post them to make myslef accountable so wish me luck.

Thanks for this tread, nice to know others are out there motivate to change and doing this program as well. :smile:

Just an FYI- I finished the alpha stage with a 1lb loss, however! Eveeryone around me has said I look like I have lost a lot of weight etc.! And I bought a couple pairs or jeans a size down so I should have measured. If you dont see success on the scale. youll see it in your clothes and your friends will too, so dont give up!
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried something new - I started the workout with Speed 3.0 (man, I enjoy that workout) and followed up with Extreme Circuit. I thought that was a great combo as I had my heart rate nice an elevated with 3.0 and then transitioned into a strength workout. The only problem was that my blood sugar dropped to 50 about 10 minutes into the second workout so I had to stop. That just means I need to adjust my insulin pump some to make sure I get the right dosage when I workout.
  • USAAirman
    Options
    I'm just now doing Focus T25, and just completed Alpha Ab Intervals question for all, what "exercise" in the database is the Ab Intervals closest to?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Leland
  • Bigwill45
    Bigwill45 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Focus T25 today and the cardio was a challenge. I am motivated though and look forward to getting back at it. I did however notice that none of the T25 workouts were listed in the myfitnesspal database. Is it possible I'm not searching under the proper name. Any suggestions?
  • Bigwill45
    Bigwill45 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • DrkQbano
    DrkQbano Posts: 1
    Options
    My girlfriend and I started today also. I'm looking to get leaner without losing any mass. Since I keep hearing T-25 is great for cutting I'm planning on hitting the gym (weights) after work just so I can maintain or increase my Mass.

Does anybody feel that's a good or bad idea? I don't want to over train and loose muscle, anyone have any suggestions???
  • Northorpe
    Northorpe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started T25 today and I nailed it!!! very pleased.
    I'm sure this is a common question but I can't find T25 in the database so not really sure of how many calories I've burned. In the end I put it down as 25 mins of high impact aerobic exercise.
    I'm only 6 kilos away from my goal weight having lost 47 kilos, I was hoping T25 would kick my butt and get the kilos gone.
    Good luck to you all that are doing this.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Start off at your own pace, modify when you feel the need to, and just take it one day at a time. You will get through it just fine. Pay close attention to your nutrition and calorie intake, and you will see results. Good Luck!
    I know this post is a little bit older, but I wanted to chime in. I'm a new Beachbody coach and I'm about to start T25. I'm really excited, but I have bad knees, so does anyone have any advice. To anyone on ehre who's doing the program... did you order from the infomoercial or from a coach? If you don't have a coach, i'd love to work with you! let me know!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many new people starting the program. I'm confident you'll love it. In regards to T25 in the database, myself personally I just added each on to My Exercises since I wear a heart rate monitor. I think that is what a good bit of people have done as well. If you don't have a heart rate monitor I think high cardio or interval training might be close.

In response to the question about the knees, a few people I've spoken with (myself included) had to do some of the moves modified due to knee pain. Just do what feels comfortable to you and listen to your body!

Best of luck to all of you! It's such a fun program!
  • bekky49
    bekky49 Posts: 3
    Options
    i am finishing up third week of alpha and once i am done the next two weeks will be redoing alpha again trying to unmodify and then if i think im ready going to beta...go at your own pace and listen to your body
  • bekky49
    bekky49 Posts: 3
    Options
    this program has changed my life! more energy more flexible and i have more stamina on allot of things
  • Shelbster999
    Options
    Do y'all where a calorie counter to determine how many calories you burn? If so, which one?
    Thanks!