Started "The Fast Diet" today!

Options
Hello community!

After putting on 2 stone in the last 2 years, I have decided to buckle down and start The Fast Diet. I am on here to help me stay on track (after previously "tracking" online with Weight Watchers and finding it very helpful) and hopefully moniter my success.

I actually aim to lose 3 stone over all. Fingers crossed...

Anyone doing The Fast Diet on here (in fact, anyone just dieting!) who can lend some helpful, supportive words would be most appreciated as I am my own saboteur and have struggled with my weight on and off since being a young teen.

Replies

• austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 5:2!! Just started last week!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Worth joining the two 5:2 groups on here for tips, recipes and support.

Best of luck, this way of eating gives a slow, steady weight loss but is very sustainable. Be patient and realise that the first few fasts are hard but it becomes much, much easier.
  • BridgettBZ
    BridgettBZ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looking for info on this? Is anyone on this board still doing the Fast Diet?
  • Blondie0808
    Options
    I started the 5:2 diet at the beginning of April and have lost 14lb so far. I have found it very easy to do and it is flexible because you can move the fast days to fit in with your lifestyle. I always make sure that on my fast days I am really busy and just have not time to think about food.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for nearly 19 weeks :smile: Fellow 5:2'ers are welcome to add me.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

Come and join us over here - lots of helpful advice and support!
  • mkmarasch
    mkmarasch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Worth joining the two 5:2 groups on here for tips, recipes and support.

Best of luck, this way of eating gives a slow, steady weight loss but is very sustainable. Be patient and realise that the first few fasts are hard but it becomes much, much easier.

I'll check these out for more information.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hello community!

After putting on 2 stone in the last 2 years, I have decided to buckle down and start The Fast Diet. I am on here to help me stay on track (after previously "tracking" online with Weight Watchers and finding it very helpful) and hopefully moniter my success.

I actually aim to lose 3 stone over all. Fingers crossed...

Anyone doing The Fast Diet on here (in fact, anyone just dieting!) who can lend some helpful, supportive words would be most appreciated as I am my own saboteur and have struggled with my weight on and off since being a young teen.

The first thing you need to do is do not even think of it as a diet. The best way to actually think about this is being too busy for 2 days to eat a whole lot and then 5 days of eating what would keep you at your maintenance.

Throw the whole idea of 'diet' out the door.

Fasting, for me, has been incredibly easy and effective. They say the first couple of fasts are the hardest, and that to a point was true. I didnt feel the hunger pains and such, but just the habit we all have of eating 3+ times a day was the toughest thing to change. By habit we get up, eat, work, lunch, work then dinner. WHen you start to realize on the fasting times you dont do that it make it pretty easy!
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5:2 ... well this week it was 6:1... but for 6-8 weeks I've done the 5:2 and I like it. I attriibute 5-6 lbs loss from it. I like it because its do-able and flexible, and from everything I've read, good for your body - thats part of what I want to get from it, overall better body. Good luck everyone!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started last April and lost my chronic pain within two weeks, 51 pounds by October 2013. Have been on maintenance since and made some more modifications to my vegan lifestyle recently, starting to transition to the 80/10/10 raw till 4 version. That said, I have successfully completed two fasts this week after a very long break and I feel wonderful. I know that the 5:2 will always be a part of my life, no matter what other avenues I may investigate. Good luck to you - you are going to come to love this WOL. God bless.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I started again this week :-)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I started again this week :-)