5'7" female success stories?

Options
I'm currently just under 160 and am shooting for my goal of 130. However, I find I get discouraged a lot and I could use some inspiration/motivation! Thanks!

Replies

• fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    im 5'8" but my start weight was 155 and im now 130
    heres my before/during :)
    a299fc86-c0e6-4e98-af39-bafb5f3b00d8.jpg
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my starting weight was 172lbs, I originally lost down to 147lbs then gained it all back over 7 months (oops...) BUT I have now over the last 6 months got back down to 149.25lbs :) plus it hasn't been too difficult (it wasn't difficult last time) I just made sure to work out my TDEE and eat at a small deficit and exercise to burn extra (the most important reason I've been able to lose weight because I'm not eating at a large deficit from my TDEE)! I'm aiming for 130-135lbs so similar to you, and I'm confident I can get there! Although I intend to do it slowly as I have not been lower than 147lbs in my whole adult life and I want to do it healthily and be able to maintain it!

I'm sure you can do it too :)
  • reisingmel
    reisingmel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a success story for you, but I'm in the same exact boat. Just under the 160 mark and 5'7". I've gotten down to 125lb before but that was because I was hospitalized and put on food tube for a couple months. Anyone would lose going that route, so now I'm trying to work it off in a good and healthy way :-)
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - started at 158 and lost 40 lbs. Hang in there, be consistant, log everything, it will happen. I'd go 2-3 weeks and do nothing and then drop 2/3 lbs on the scale. After 6 months I could see the trending pattern of that. I've kept it off for almost a year
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - started at 158 and lost 40 lbs. Hang in there, be consistent, log everything, it will happen. I'd go 2-3 weeks and do nothing and then drop 2/3 lbs on the scale. After 6 months I could see the trending pattern of that. I've kept it off for almost a year

Yes, my weight did the same thing. Drove me crazy until I could see the pattern over time. I started a bit lower than you are now, but am pretty close to my goal weight. The closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight comes off.

weightlosscollage_zps74eeacd7.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!