Strength training and MFP

Options
redzgal
redzgal Posts: 255 Member
This is the first time I added in my reps under the strength training category in MFP but I notice it doesn't add it in the overall exercise as far as calories burned and workout time.

Is there anyway to get that incorporated? I've just added it in myself under cardio but I thought it'd be nice to have it separated out, but if it doesn't add it in my overall exercise as far as time and burn, I won't waste my time.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    It would be nice, but you have to put it under cardio.
  • Marguarretthe
    Marguarretthe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been adding it under cardio too... feels kinda like I'm cheating in some way! :P
  • redzgal
    Options
    Figured....it would be nice..not sure what the point is of having it in a different section if it's not counted with your exercise!! :mad:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The purpose of the separate section is so that you can keep track of your strength training stats - cardio only allows for time and calories so it has to be in it's on section. If you don't care about keeping track of reps, sets and amount of weight, just track it as cardio.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Figured....it would be nice..not sure what the point is of having it in a different section if it's not counted with your exercise!! :mad:

The other section is for tracking your progression.....reps and pounds lifted.
  • redzgal
    Options

The other section is for tracking your progression.....reps and pounds lifted.

Ok...well, that makes sense....