How to Get Back On the Wagon????

Options
I did so great my 1st 2 weeks here, then last week I didnt do ANYTHING right (except exercise!!!) Ate non stop (usually do that the week before my period) and now I cant seem to get back on plan...any suggestions? I know JUST DO IT...but I keep sabotaging my efforts!!! I lose weight, feel great and then eat??? WTH????
Thanks guys!!
Kathey

Replies

• MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I did so great my 1st 2 weeks here, then last week I didnt do ANYTHING right (except exercise!!!) Ate non stop (usually do that the week before my period) and now I cant seem to get back on plan...any suggestions? I know JUST DO IT...but I keep sabotaging my efforts!!! I lose weight, feel great and then eat??? WTH????
    Thanks guys!!
    Kathey
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    God I so feel your pain I was a saint the first 6 weeks i had one cheat day last week. Then since wed.of this week I have been a walking nite mare i havent worked out except a slow walk today and some dancing fri and sat nite but i ate awful food and my exercise was no where near what i was doing. lol taking vaction time is awful i have less time then when i worked. althought I have to say i havent eaten much but ate my calories so it wasnt all bad. so tomarrow im back on the wagon and I plan on doing 2 hours a day of exercise for the next three days im off. because no matter what i went up 2.5 pounds...so grin we can get back on the wagon together!!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It happens to most everyone. You're definately not alone. In fact I've been doing nothing including not exercising and eating really bad for the past 3 months! Before that I was staying on track for over a year and a half. You just get to the point where you know you'll respect yourself more and feel a thousand times better if you get back on track. So I've just now gotten back on track this past week.
    You can't beat yourself up about it, you just have to realize what is better for you. Take it day by day.:heart:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That sounds familar to me! Hence, until this site, I never really got anywhere with my goals.

I read once that if a person had to choose to eat healthy OR exercise, then the best option was to eat healthy. This was because one needs a calorie deficit of 3, 5000 a week to lose 1lb. I try to remember that if I think that I won't be able to get a work out in or even if I thnk I may have to cut my workout short.

Not to worry though! You can choose to get back on the wagon!:smile:
  • MumOfADuo
    Options
    Okay, my WHOLE story is that I began weight watchers 2 years ago (over 2 years ago) lost 50 pounds in 5 months...stayed the same for about 5 more months, gained about 13, lost 20 again...so was up ato almost 60 pounds lost. November I did my 3 day breast cancer walk (with LOTS of training, walking over 40 miles a week for about 5 months!!) then stopped training after my walk (tho did keep walking but about 10 miles a week) and gained 27 pounds since this past November...I have since lost about 10 of those but keep playing the game...I will lose, then gain...and what KILLS me is I KNOW how WONDERFUL I felt when I was at my lightest weight in years (which was STILL 40 pounds away from my goal) and so I want that back, but what is my problem??? So frustrating..its not like I dont know what I am supposed to be doing.....
  • MumOfADuo
    Options
    That sounds familar to me! Hence, until this site, I never really got anywhere with my goals.

I read once that if a person had to choose to eat healthy OR exercise, then the best option was to eat healthy. This was because one needs a calorie deficit of 3, 5000 a week to lose 1lb. I try to remember that if I think that I won't be able to get a work out in or even if I thnk I may have to cut my workout short.

Not to worry though! You can choose to get back on the wagon!:smile:

First of all, I LOVE YOUR PICTURE!!! Looks like our doggies....Ü:smile:
    And I LOVE to exercise but it seems like if I exercise regularly, I eat awful, and then if I eat healthy, I dont exercise..go figure....Ü I know what I need to do, I just am having trouble making the right choicesÜÜÜ
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    My doctor tells me.... if you eat only the healthiest you don't need to exercise very much... but if you eat horribly then you need to exercise alot... so if you do both... hey you'll get there twice as fast! The main thing to remember... and this is the problem with fad diets... you CANNOT go extreme one day and back to "normal life" the next. Don't do ANYTHING today that you don't want to do tomorrow... next week... next year. Start good habits today that you can carry on for years and years. Because if you keep losing, gaining... its always harder to lose the next time!

I think the best way to win this battle.... is give yourself a cheat meal every week.... like mine is friday night after dinner I totally indulge in chocolate or ice cream or whatever. I still stay on track because I exercise twice as hard that day to make up for it. It's a balancing act... if you overeat... you have to over-exercise and vice versa :) Good luck.. its hard but you can DO IT! You have us here to help! :)
  • MumOfADuo
    Options
    Thanks SweetPea Ü I have weigh in at weight watchers on Fridays so I used to just use Friday as my 'cheat' day (notice I said day and not meal?) well, soon that DAY became 2 days, then 3 etc so that I was actually only on plan 1 or 2 days ÜÜ I LOVE when I get good exercise in (easier for me during the week than on weekends to get good exercise in) because then I like seeing how many exercise calories I earn....again, I know I can do this....I just have to...I used to have a signature line that said "Do or Do Not, there is no try'.....makes sense!!!
    :ohwell: