Stay At Home Mom of 3- Time to Shed the Lbs

Options
Hi everyone! I am a stay at home mom of a 3,4, and 5 year olds. I've stayed at home since the beginning of my first pregnancy. I gained approx. 150 lbs over the past 5 yrs. My first child has gone to school and the second will be in the fall. Isve realized that I have finally gotten to the point where I want to and need to loose for my health and ot be able to keep up with my little ones. I plan to go back to work in the fall and just want to be healthy. I will be working in a professionalf ield and just want to feel good about myself. Staying at home and having 3 babies back to back really was a formula for a downhill spiral becayse I allowedit to be. My children definitely keep me active. , Is dlove to hear about some of yalls ways. That were successful in the journey to this lifestyle change. I am ready. What are some things that worked for u?

Replies

• bethany120
    Options
    I have just started as well! I am a mom of 3, and I need to lose 128 lbs. If you need any support, please feel free to message me and add me as a friend :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    Being ready that is the thing that has to be there I think for it to work. Losing weight is really alot about your mindset. This is a wonderful site and offers alot of motivation and encouragement. Just be sure to log in daily, track your food and exercise, stay within your goals and limits and you will be able to do it. I have been on here since mid july and have lost 48lbs. I still have a ways to go I am about 1/2 way there, but I know if I stick with this site I will be able to do it. Also it helps to join some of the challenges on the community boards. You can do it
  • trueandgenuine
    Options
    Awsome! Thanks for replying. I will add you and feel free to message me anytime. Its a very difficult thing to do with a lot of emotional ups and downs , but I am motivated. Look forward to hearing from ya!
  • trueandgenuine
    Options
    Themommie- Thanks. That's wonderful and congrats on your success. I do hope to find encouragement and such within the sight. So many people I know count calories and have been successful at it so I figure since I am now ready to loose I will try it out. I agree it is definitely something you have to WANT to do and have your mind right. I have had unsuccessful tries because I wasn't doing it for the right reasons so I always quite.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    well welcome to MFP. We are very glad to have you join our community. If motivation & support is what you are looking for then this is the spot...I started out with MFP in July and have successfully lost weight, I still have 68lbs to go but I am almost halfway there... My starting weight was 260lbs and I am now at 218lbs. thats right I have lost 42lbs.... I know you can do this, it takes a lot of strength and willpower, but we all believe in you. and I hope your journey is as good as mine. TIP: invite friends that are positve thinking, and you may come across some that are not that motivationa, if you come across those, you can delete them, because you want to make sure that you have the motivation that you need. I hope you like it here, I am a married woman with 4 girls, I work as an Teacher Assistant. and I love everytime i get to weigh in.if you like you can add me as a friend & I will gladly accept. but as a motivation here is a before and after pic of me. Enjoy and have fun being with us.. We are all in it together!!!

ME025-1.gif