Insanity - No Weight Loss

Options
I'm finally at the last week of doing Insanity in the second month, after all these 2 months I only lost 1 kg
I did not watch my calories burned nor did I watch how many calories I gain until now, I thought that by just doing the max workouts it will be more than enough calories to burn since it's around 700-900 calories burn if i'm correct?
I also eat sweets at least once ever day in a total of 140 calories. I lost inches but not weight. I don't drink any water while in workouts and the reason why I try to eat more is because people said that eat as much as you can you need energy for the workout.

In weekdays I usually eat
Breakfast: Cereal or 2 Eggs with potatoes

Lunch: Burger(homemade)

contains: Ham/cheese/ketchup or any other sauce.

Snack: Chocolate crackers or any other crackers.

Dinner: Changes everyday.

I dont use any supplements and I'm thinking to buy a heart rate monitor to check how many calories I lost. Throughout these past 2 months, I feel a lot stronger, but not so much weight loss. What should I do now? restart month 2 from the beginning?
Finish month 2 and do light activities?

Currently 69 kg Im aiming for 60 kg :)

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Well be happy you lost inches but unless you tracked , measured your food it is hard to say why but exercise doesnt make you lose weight a calories deficit does
  • mr_mitch
    mr_mitch Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm finally at the last week of doing Insanity in the second month, after all these 2 months I only lost 1 kg
    I did not watch my calories burned nor did I watch how many calories I gain until now, I thought that by just doing the max workouts it will be more than enough calories to burn since it's around 700-900 calories burn if i'm correct?
    I also eat sweets at least once ever day in a total of 140 calories. I lost inches but not weight. I don't drink any water while in workouts and the reason why I try to eat more is because people said that eat as much as you can you need energy for the workout.

In weekdays I usually eat
    Breakfast: Cereal or 2 Eggs with potatoes

Lunch: Burger(homemade)

contains: Ham/cheese/ketchup or any other sauce.

Snack: Chocolate crackers or any other crackers.

Dinner: Changes everyday.

I dont use any supplements and I'm thinking to buy a heart rate monitor to check how many calories I lost. Throughout these past 2 months, I feel a lot stronger, but not so much weight loss. What should I do now? restart month 2 from the beginning?
    Finish month 2 and do light activities?

Currently 69 kg Im aiming for 60 kg :)

I think you're going to have to log your food!

Its so easy to eat more than you think you are. That means weighing and measuring everything you eat.

Even if you just do it for a few weeks to give you an idea of what the calorie content of the food you're eating is!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight when I did Insanity, and I didn't check measurements. My overall fitness improved a great deal though, which I thought was awesome. All my PR's for running were set right after I finished it.

I wasn't very strict with my diet either, and I know that is why I didn't lose weight. I agree with above posters, you should weigh & measure your food to see how much you are actually consuming.

If I were you I would finish the program. Then figure out a good eating plan for you & your goals, then decide if you want to redo the whole 2 month program, or find something else to do.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight with Insanity, and I even tracked my calories. Some of my weight loss was masked by sore muscles loll. When I finished, the weight started coming off. I did lose inches, so that was equally important. Track your food. You're probably eating more than what you burn.

P.S. I never burned 700-900 cals doing insanity. But I'm a 5'4 125 woman. Then, I was about 130. Just don't give up on it, and please watch out for your knees lol

ETA: yes, a HRM would be beneficial to you. And no, I would not re-start month two.

A lot of things could be masking weight loss.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    To be honest id prefer inches to weight only you see the scale but everyone can see inches so well done you , despite not watching calories you lost inches that's an awesome achievement
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did the first month of insanity and noticed a crazy difference in my body although I only lost a couple of pounds and that was just in the first month. If you notice you feel a lot stronger you may not have lost any weight but could have gained muscle. While I didn't log because I didn't have MFP back then and I didn't follow the full Insanity meal plan, I watched everything I ate and only indulged on weekends. I admit I was a little surprised by the fact the scale didn't alter too much but I took their advice and took photos and was extremely satisfied as my body was changing daily-weekly over that one month.

If it were me I would give it another go around and make sure I was eating at a deficit plus logging everything. Take photos and measurements. Don't count it as a fail just because the scale doesn't drop the pounds.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I only lost a few pounds when I did Insanity and I was really disappointed when I finally stepped on the scale after the 60 days, but then I took my "after" pictures and I was so much leaner! And I was perfectly happy with that.. I came to realize that I lost fat while gaining muscle. They weigh the same but muscle is a whole lot better that that pesky blubber fat! I personally don't really care about the number on the scale, just the shape and general appearance of my body.
  • Tisue123
    Tisue123 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm trying to get rid of my belly fat does it work if I keep eating the way I am now and do month 2 again?
    I can see my upper belly fat has been reduced but not so much for the lower abs.
    Should I do cardio abs 3x per week now?
  • Tisue123
    Options
    Hmm ok so now watch what I eat and repeat doing the second month? I can see my muscles but not so much with weight loss.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I honestly ate like crap my first month of Insanity. I would say try to change up your meals including lunch to lean protein and veggies. You may need to get a HRM to better determine your calories in and calories out to get an accurate deficit (or as close as possible). I would finish out the your last week of month 2 and then just restart the entire 60 day program if you feel up to it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I did the first month of insanity and noticed a crazy difference in my body although I only lost a couple of pounds and that was just in the first month. If you notice you feel a lot stronger you may not have lost any weight but could have gained muscle. While I didn't log because I didn't have MFP back then and I didn't follow the full Insanity meal plan, I watched everything I ate and only indulged on weekends. I admit I was a little surprised by the fact the scale didn't alter too much but I took their advice and took photos and was extremely satisfied as my body was changing daily-weekly over that one month.

If it were me I would give it another go around and make sure I was eating at a deficit plus logging everything. Take photos and measurements. Don't count it as a fail just because the scale doesn't drop the pounds.

Doubful OP gained muscle enough to stall out the scale considering OP is an 18 yr old female trying to lose weight...

OP, doing ab exercises will do very....very little for removing fat from your abdominal area. That would be spot reducing, and isolated ab work is a pretty inefficient exercise.

Gaining "abs" is about lowering your overall BF%. With that said, it's going to be hard getting much better advice without opening your diary.

Also...water.

Your body is retaining water weight for repair. It's extremely common when you start a new workout routine or increase intensity of a new one. That is why people say they lose weight as soon as they stop.

With that said, if you're not drinking water, you're probably going to have a tougher time of flushing the retained water out.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    all that jumping around for no loss...it sucks...I completed 5 weeks of insanity and lost like 5 Ibs...I changed to weight training and moderate cardio and got better results...I got tired of jumping around and everything jiggling..lol
  • Tisue123
    Options
    :O I jsut relized my gender is a female, suppose to be a male :)