Pre workout for the first time

Options
I'm thinking of taking some pre workout for my leg day today.....it will be the first time ever...and i'm slightly nervous!
I've got grenade .50 calibre and I'm planning on doing a half dose....anyone tried it and regretted it?

I have a session with my PT, am I going to be a nightmare for him? My leg days are hardcore I could do with some help today :)

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be nervous about mate. Iv never used grenade but i have tried a number of other brands. The only thing i regret about taking them is that if you are a regular with them it really ads up money wise. lol. If it has Beta Alianine added into it you might get some weird tingling feelings for a little while. Id just take the full dose myself but its up to you.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Stick with half a dose and then take it from there, these things kick like a donkey.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Half a dose should be sufficient especially when it is your first time taking a pre workout.
    The label says it has about 1.5 grams of Beta Alanine (full dose), so you can expect some tingling underneath your skin.
    This is completely normal.
    Also there is 1.5 gram of Citruline Malate in it (full dose), which will probably enhance the pump you get from your workout.
    The amount of caffeine in this product is quite high with 275mg per serving.
    Got this nutrition fact sheet: http://www.shotgunsupplements.co.nz/site/shotgun/images/grenadeNT/50-calibre-NT.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Thatfeelingwhen.jpg
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Why are you nervous? Depending on the caffeine amounts it's probably about the same as 1-2 cups of coffee.. did you get nervous for your first cup of coffee?
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmZULPUEkQ

relevant to the discussion...
  • crb0077
    Options
    Thanks guys, a bit of reassurance is what I needed, I'm going for it!

This amazon review was the thing that did it I suppose....my pt thinks I'll be hilarious on Preworkout! I'm hoping to smash my leg press pb today, I got to a weight that was tough but maybe with a little help and less fatigue I may be able to add another 20/30 kgs!

I got a serious pump during last weeks leg day from just working out so I'll look forward to balloon legs hahahaha!

And for the record I'm quite sensitive to coffee...this could be entertaining! hahahaha

Would half an hour before my session be the right time to neck it?

Preparing to go into BEAST MODE hahahaha x
  • crb0077
    Options
    BTW LOVE Bro Science!!!!!! : )
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey just to let you know that I just started using pre workout before my operation, and loved it. It was a stim free one, but still did the trick. It really helps with gym strength and stamina
  • crb0077
    Options
    Thank you so much, nice to have a female respond too...when did you have it....30 mins before? I don't want it to kick in as I'm finishing lol that would be a nightmare!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I don't like pump pre-workouts.. It actually causes too much blood flow and causes me to lose range of motion and strength. I prefer pre-workouts that prevent fatigue, give good mental clarity, and helps get that sweat action faster. White Flood is a good example of a product that will put a pump into your hands and make your grip fail. I also get terrible charlie horses with pump pre-workouts... overall if you don't need them don't waste the money.

The bare minimum bro you need is beta-alanine and creatine and neither of those have acute affects.
  • crb0077
    Options
    I'm trying a sample pack today to see how it goes.....and it's leg day so my grip shouldn't be a problem ( I have enough problems with grip as it is, so will bear this in mind!)

I have creatine in my pre and post workout shake usually anyway so if it's annoying I'll just stick with what I do anyway and maybe have more coffee just before (the gym have just installed a coffee machine)

I will report back x
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Thank you so much, nice to have a female respond too...when did you have it....30 mins before? I don't want it to kick in as I'm finishing lol that would be a nightmare!

Yeah about 30 mins before. I have tried a caffeine one also and only took half of it, and could feel it, but it wasn't a bad rush or anything. Unfortunately I am not training at the mo and am gutted as I cant for ages yet, but I shall be back using it again :)
  • crb0077
    Options
    Oh no why can't you train at the moment, that would drive me crazy....if that's you in the pic, you have an amazing physique...I'm aiming for that....but only started about 7 months ago!!! Getting there slowly and enjoying every minute of it......apart from leg day....which is hard but I always feel proud of myself after!

Aiming to lift 370/380 kg on the leg press today, with my little bit of help...wish me luck!!!
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Yea this was me about 5 weeks ago, I just had umbilical hernia operation nearly 4 weeks ago, and have not trained and eaten rubbish for that long!! I put it up for motivation for myself to get back to that when I can start training again. only spin starting from next week then working my way up again.

well done, keep going and don't stop, consistency is key. GOOD LUCK !!
  • jdeterdi
    jdeterdi Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, so much for this.
  • jdeterdi
    jdeterdi Posts: 3
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmZULPUEkQ

relevant to the discussion...

Thank you, so much for this.