Reviews on Protein Shakes

Options
I am looking into meal replacement/ protein shakes for breakfast. I struggle with what to eat for breakfast so, I chose to go this route. I do plan to eat fruits with the shakes.

What are you favorite meal replacement/ protein shakes? Favorite Brand? Favorite Flavors? ect
TIA :smile:

Replies

• duke0825
    duke0825 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MTS Whey Cookies and Creme is great and it's more of a chocolate base. Whey HD flavors are great. Milk of course 2% and above in all of these will fill you for a meal replacement.
  • jessicabakernyc
    jessicabakernyc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like the Spirutein vanilla whey mix. It mixes easily and tastes the best (to me) of the Spirutein shakes I've tried.
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Whey in Extreme Milk Chocolate. I normally mix it with almond milk, Splenda, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I like the vanilla flavored since I mix them in my yogurt or with fruit for smoothies.
  • rifadiva
    rifadiva Posts: 27
    Options
    MTS Whey Cookies and Creme is great and it's more of a chocolate base. Whey HD flavors are great. Milk of course 2% and above in all of these will fill you for a meal replacement.
    Could I mix it in almond milk? I'm lactose intolerant!
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey Extreme Milk Chocolate flavour. ON protein powders always mix really well but that's my favourite flavour. Nice with milk or yogurt.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Any of the powders you can mix with whatever milk you want.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My faves:

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Banana Cream
    ONGS Cake Batter
    ONGS Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Cellucor Mint Chocolate Chip
    Dymatize Elite Blueberry Muffin

All are pretty low calorie, however. So you'll want to either mix with something other than water or have it with some toast, fruit, etc. if you want to use it as a "meal replacement".

My breakfast is always a shake with an english muffin with some PB2 & jam. :smile:
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    GNC lean shakes
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I use MusclePharm - Combat Powder (Chocolate Milk flavor) and mix it with skim milk. The powder is 25g of protein per scoop, but it's a little bit higher calorie than others. I don't care because it's the best tasting one I've ever had. I often drink it as a dessert, but I've been known to mix ice cream in to have a milk shake. DELICIOUS!!!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Herbalife. I like almost all of the products of theirs I've tried.

If I'm working out, I use the 24 line. If it's an off day, I use their basic Formula 1 shake.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I like several different ones Muscle Milk makes a good tasting product as do both MusclePharm and Optimum Nutrition. However lately I have been using Body Fortress Super Advanced whey protein, their Vanilla and Strawberry are good, they mix well with water, or milk, I’m sure whatever else milk like substance that you would prefer will work too. They also make a chocolate and a chocolate PB but I wasn’t as happy with those flavors. Their nutrition ratios are pretty good, 1 scoop (41g) has 170 calories (25 from fat), 3 grams fat (2 saturated) 85mg’s Cholesterol, 7 grams carbs (2 sugar) and 30 grams of protein and it has 4 grams of BCAA’s per scoop (41g). A 1.95 lb (885g) container can be purchased at Wallymart for $15.88 and using one scoop per serving will yield 22 servings.

Hope you find your poison, mine is whatever gives me the biggest bang for the buck which for now is the Body Fortress product.
  • rifadiva
    rifadiva Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
    Anyone tried Amazing Grass Amazing Meal products.. It has 13 grams of protein with 6 grams of fiber.. It also has whole grain it in..
    I'm very interested in it.