I don't understand

Options
:huh: I don't understand how I could not be loosing weight. I have been working out 5-6 days a week, I have been slowly eliminating my eating out frenzy and reducing calorie packed drinks, sodas juice etc. I also have recently taken most of the juice I use to make my protein smoothies and substitute water or half and half. (half water half juice). I eat oatmeal everyday or alternate with the smoothies, soup or sandwich for lunch and dinner is never fried; I usually eat chicken. I have lost weight successfully before and I'm applying some of those routines that worked before. Now I work out twice a day..40 min turbo in the morning then 20 min walk in the evening. I usually workout longer and harder on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't have any known health issues.
My clothes feel a tiny bit looser but absolutely no weight loss. I am not lazy on my workouts either, even with a foot injury. My Turbo workouts are the only thing that has given results. I use a pedometer now and the last 7 days I have been getting in my 10,000 steps and I'm writing down my activity....but what am I doing wrong :explode:

Replies

• Veropal
    Veropal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How long have you being doing this? Any meds that might cause weight loss to be difficult? Maybe you are not eating enough???
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    are you tracking your food intake?
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you might not be doing anything wrong. Stress may also be a factor here, just enjoy getting stronger and more fit and dont worry about the weight... that will take care of itself.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You list a lot of things you are doing but you dot mention an important thing - are you logging your food? How do you measure your food? Do you use measuring cups or a scale?

Also -
    How long have you been at it?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food and staying within your calorie goals?

Including things like cooking oils, condiments, veggies, etc?

Are you using a food scale? Measuring cups? Or eyeballing your portion sizes?

Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories? If so, what method are you using to estimate your burn (MFP estimates, gym machines, heart rate monitor, etc)?

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to take a look?

ETA: a lot of people type faster than I do :flowerforyou:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So....how many calories are you eating? That is really the information you need.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough food? Last fall i was working out every day but wasnt eating enough to fuel my body, i stepped back my workouts and started losing weight again. you could be over-training.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    We can't help you very specifically unless you open up your diary for us.

Click: My home-->settings-->diary settings--> Last option, Diary sharing. Change to "public"
  • agb31520
    agb31520 Posts: 1
    Options
    How long have you kept this routine? A sharp increase in exercise duration or intensity could cause short-term weight gain because your body is storing glycogen (which comes with additional water weight) as fuel for the new activity level.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep?
  • JesusFreak2002
    JesusFreak2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month, so my weight doesn't put me down. If you are looking better than you shouldn't care! Weight doesn't matter as much as feeling good!
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food?
    Are you using a HRM to measure calories burned?
    Do you have an appropriate calorie target for your goals?
    Are you using anything besides weight to measure progress?

If you're clothes are loose then something is happening, it's just not the measure of success you're looking for :)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You aren't losing weight because you are eating too many calories.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

You need to count your calories as accurately as possible. Most people tend to underestimate how much they eat. They also overestimate how much they burn. Don't eat back more than half of your exercise calories because of those reasons. It's better to go slightly under and have a good weigh-in than to go over and not lose as much as you could have, maintain or even gain weight. And staying in the "green" allows you to have one day a week where you can go "red" by a little bit.

Juice still has calories, and lots of them. I would suggest just one cup per day and eventually drink only water. Smoothies can work but you have to log them, and because of the high calorie count it could be a meal replacement for breakfast or lunch.

Log daily. Weigh yourself once a week, first thing in the morning on the same day of the week. Taking measurements once a month (every four weeks) is also a good idea because you monitor your progress and calculate a rough estimate of your body fat percentage and see how it changes from month to month.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP, I hope you found the answers you needed. I guess this is one more mystery we'll never get the answer to.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ok as with everything MFP is a guide you may need to tweak a few things firstly is your activity level right? are you drinking enough? are you weighing food and measuring liquid ? are your calories burned accurate? have you set your weekly loss too high? these are things ive had to tweak to find my balance also patience it took me 4 weeks before I lost 1lb if you are doing all the above then patience is all that is left I wish you all the best in reaching your goal