LOW CARB

Options
Hi-

I am trying to stay under 50ish carbs a day but can't figure out how to do it since my vegetables I am eating through out the day have so many as well.

can anyone help? thanks!

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    If you open your food diary it will likely help people make some suggestions :drinker:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why are you going low carb?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    bacon and cheese omelets.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Low carb is very hard.
    Makes me dizzy and unable to work well.

Look for vegetables with low starch.
    But I think it is rather impossible to stay on such low carbs without drastically changing your diet.
    More meat, eggs, nuts, less to zero flour containing stuff like rice, potatoes, bread, sugars, etc.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Stay away from starchy veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.). What NET number are you looking for? Because it's the net that really matters -- not the total. The fiber doesn't count -- it just passes through you. For the most part, if you stick to leafy greens and low-starch veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, etc.), you can keep your carb levels fairly low and still eat quite a bit of veggies. The rest make up with meats, eggs, cheeses, butter, cream, etc.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I eat lower carb and I don't eat any meat. It isn't hard and I've been doing it for over two years with success. Feel free to add me for ideas.
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, avoid starchy potatoes, Ur veg should only include, Broccoli, Green beans and spinach.
  • teresastone10
    Options
    To make it simple: Eat only vegetables that grow above the ground. (No legumes or corn) Be sure to have your MFPsettings adjusted to calculate fiber for you. That way you can to sure to have an accurate net carb count for the day.
  • lbomberg
    lbomberg Posts: 2
    Options
    I am sticking to asparagus, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, spinach, kale etc. I usually grill that up for dinner and 1/4 of an avocado and a scoop of lentil hummus (2 carbs).

lunch is a salad with turkey and mustard.

breakfast is yogurt or eggs with 1/4 an avocado . or sometimes Ill put it in a LOW carb wrap.

and then i might have some fruit or a smoothie some where in there because my calories are pretty low. I work out alot (barrys bootcamp) but looking to lose weight so thats why I am keeping carbs Low.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Stick to meats, nuts, cheeses, etc. Take fiber pills or metamucil (sp) and eat salad. I do low carb but not quite that low anymore but I did for a while. I also do one or two high carb days a week (makes a big difference and makes it easier).
  • Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    http://uk.atkins.com/uploads/Docs/400530-002_What_You_Can Eat_Phase_1_LR.pdf

The food list for phase one atkins has quite a big variety of low carb vegetables. I eat spinach (lots of spinach), tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, aubergine, courgette... like others have said try to stay away from root veggies