food with calories and nothing else

Options
I need to find food that has calories, but no protein, carbs or sugars. I am low on calories, but even on everything else. Please HELP!

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A whole lot of celery?
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    cucumber?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    So it needs to be 100% fat? :noway:

All calories consist of either Protein, Carbohydrates or Fat. Each gram of protein and carbohydrate is 4 calories and each gram of fat is 9 calories. There are no other calorie sources.

Also...sugar = carb.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That technically isn't possible because macronutrients make up calories... 1 gram of protein or 1 gram of carbohydrate is 4 calories... 1 gram of fat is 9 calories.

You are going to increase one of those regardless... broccoli is high in fiber and water... other fibrous vegetables will increase calories, but not by a lot.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    If you've gone by MFP's numbers, you might want to have something with calories and protein. Many have found that MFP's numbers are very low for protein. I doubt that you've taken in too much protein, so it's a safe bet!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    This is silly. Anything with any nutritional value is going to have protein, carbs or fat. Don't get too bogged down if your numbers don't jive for one day. If you are hungry and want to eat those calories, then eat a snack or meal and move on.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    That is an interesting request-why do you need that?
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Also, if you macronutrients are all where they need to be then somewhere along the way the food you've put in has been inaccurately added to the database.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    what the hell kind of diet consist of no protein or carbs? I am greatly confused! I need my carbs for energy and protein for muscle development. I also eat fiber, I hope you do want some fiber or something right??????
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she has calories left but is even on everything else and wants to break even across the board!

Let me tell you something...it's very unlikely that you will be able to break even in all categories for a day. Don't even worry about that. The amounts given are suggestions. It won't hurt you to be over or under a bit on any of these areas.
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something healthy for more calories, try a can of tuna ,some plain cooked chicken breast, or a handful of almonds.
  • tbeenblossom
    tbeenblossom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just started this and was trying to not have my numbers go in the red. I am eating too few calories and over on protein this second day.
  • ahkennett
    ahkennett Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alcohol.

Just take shots until you hit your calorie goals...or the floor.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I need to find food that has calories, but no protein, carbs or sugars. I am low on calories, but even on everything else. Please HELP!

BROCCOLI!
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Alcohol.

Just take shots until you hit your calorie goals...or the floor.

This is my type of poster lol!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No such thing. Macros are tied to calories. Protein and carbs have 4 calories per gram. Fat has 9. You can't have calories without macros.

But you shouldn't be concerned about going over your protein/fat. Think of MFP's defaults as minimums.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    All calories are comprised of fat, carbohydrates and/or protein. There are foods that are less nutrient dense, wherein most of the calories are coming from carbohydrates and few to no vitamins, minerals, fiber or other nutrients; however, there is no such thing as a food with calories and no macronutrients.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You might want to check your diary entries for a mathematically impossible entry.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Extra calories mean cheese, icecream, or booze.

It sounds like you selected inaccurate entries. It's frustrating, I know.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    So it needs to be 100% fat? :noway:

All calories consist of either Protein, Carbohydrates or Fat. Each gram of protein and carbohydrate is 4 calories and each gram of fat is 9 calories. There are no other calorie sources.

Also...sugar = carb.

This was my first thought...