Carbs/Protein/Fat Ratio: Vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• balanceandnirvana
    balanceandnirvana Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat 80-90% carbs or higher and it works AMAZINGLY for me and many others (: you should look into it
    It was hard for me to be vegan until I discovered the high carb, raw lifestyle
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for 8 years. I just averaged 15 days from the last month and my ratio is generally about 58% carbs, 31% fat, and 11% protein. That is close to what I would set my goals to if MFP let you set your own exact percents rather than multiples of 5. I would aim for 58-30-12. That's me, a moderately active 28 year old female. I do way better on a higher fat diet. I focus on omega 3's by eating flax and walnuts and eat other healthy fats from avocado and coconut and try to stay away from canola oil as much as I can. If I don't eat enough fat, I don't feel satisfied, and it's a recipe for disaster. My carbs are mostly from vegetables and legumes. I don't eat a lot of grains and I generally avoid gluten. Everyone is different, so you need to find what works for you, but good idea asking the question because it will help you decide what ratio to try next!