"Dessert"?

Options

Replies

• JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I personally like Skinny Cow things or a spoon full of Nutella.... but I found THIS:

2500.png

Good god! Delicious! Seriously. Do not walk... do not shuffle... RUN your *kitten* to the store and buy it. :love:

But you know... while I agree with the whole: Candy bars, etc are perfectly fine to eat (true! I do partake in the deliciousness of a cadbury bar when I have the calories available... or you know, just dont GAF), but not all of us have the extra calories available to us or have the time for an extra workout to make room for those calories. SO...

I generally just get creative - Do a slice of Angel Food Cake with fresh berries and cool whip and a dark chocolate drizzle if I'm feeling like a decadent dessert... or bake a peach drizzled with honey and cinnamon.... there are a lot of options... just gotta do the research or get creative in the kitchen. Good luck!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    As AC said, you can always fit ice cream into your diet, just can't have a HUGE bowl of it and stuff yourself until you're in a ice cream coma...i mean you can, but you probably won't be able to fit much else into your day unless you hit the gym had.

I personally don't eat too much ice cream or desserts since I'm not a sweets person but if you're looking for something low calorie that can allow you to eat your normal diet without much of an effect, the skinny cow ice creams are really good...I personally love the snickerdoodle ones, not because they're lower in calories, but because - come on....you never see snickerdoode ice cream sandwiches with the full fat out there, so may as well get it in any way you can haha
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've got a sweet tooth the size of Texas. Baking is my hobby. What works for me is to focus on hitting protein and fat first (honestly, fat is never a problem), getting in a few veggies and maybe some fruit, and then I use the rest of my calories for ice cream, cookies, cake etc. I've lost 44 lbs and been in maintenance for a year and a half.

Also I use this site if I want chocolate cake but I don't want a whole chocolate cake sitting around tempting me:

http://www.dessertfortwo.com/

The recipes are great and they make just 2-4 servings in most cases.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    What suggestions do you have to fulfill my sweet tooth? My cravings are usually chocolate, particuarly ice cream or candy bars. I'm just today trying to start over and make some permanent, healthy changes including a good excercise routine and healthier eating. What do you eat that curves those sweet cravings?

You're in luck as both ice cream or a candy bar can fit in a healthy diet

This. I suggest you don't try to give up foods you love, just try to get your eating under control. As long as your chocolate and ice cream are eaten in moderation so as to not ruin your macro ratios and not squeezing out necessary micro nutrients, you can eat them and likely be happier doing it.

Unless self flagellation is something you're into, then punishing yourself through complete denial might be the right path for you.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has suggested frozen banana "ice cream" :sick:

Just eat your normal dessert...fit it into your day.

You missed it, it was on page 1 lol

I'll stick with my peanut butter chocolate ice cream

^ Yes, I did miss it! :blushing:
  • sbpuckett73
    sbpuckett73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just buy bags of the fun size candy, and single servings of ice cream.

They're kind of lower calorie, in a way.

Everyone's suggestions are awesome but this one brought something to my attention... single serving ice cream may be my best friend. When I scoop ice cream it's at least two servings per bowl I have no doubt. Serving size is my enemy with the sweet stuff.
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else said this yet, but the Fiber One Candy Bars are really good. Especially the carmel nut and coconut varieties (120-130 calories). I believe it also is available in peanut butter flavor. It has fiber, low calories and is very filling too. Don't try the Arctic Zero Ice cream if you have any taste buds. That was the worst tasting "ice cream" I have ever tasted! I too have a huge sweet tooth and have tried almost everything. Portion control is the key. Once you can control your mind, you can begin to control you body and it's cravings. Good luck! :happy:
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love melting dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips on cookies and cream flavored goldfish... Every single day.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm having mango slices with a bit of Greek yogurt because I couldn't quite squeeze in the coconut banana bread,but I LOOOVE mangos so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing.

And I had some lovely dark chocolate earlier, which is why I couldn't quite manage the banana bread. :smile: It's all about balancing.

Though I haven't quite figured out how to work in the Heath bar-caramel-turtle cheesecake except by recruiting three friends who think it sounds as divine as I do.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    There are some popsicles that are 100 calories and under :)
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What suggestions do you have to fulfill my sweet tooth? My cravings are usually chocolate, particuarly ice cream or candy bars. I'm just today trying to start over and make some permanent, healthy changes including a good excercise routine and healthier eating. What do you eat that curves those sweet cravings?

This may be a strange answer but I LOVE chocolate too so I do frozen bananas and drizzle with chocolate syrup. I also do smoothies and add cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.... Try slim fast "chocolate royale" shakes...... they are delicious to me and satisfy my sweet toooth. They contain soy products but I LOVE the taste of soy, so you may not like it. For me I also use powdered hot chocolate mix with milk and heat it up for a chocolately treat. You can make your own ice cream with greek yogurt and sweetner and fruit and flavors.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I'm not a fan of crap chocolate though... all my stuff is 80%+

Get some.

Find some other things you like, and eat them. Yesterday, I had some delicious nutella ice cream.

You don't eat crap chocolate, then you eat Nutella ice cream?
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream treats are great too...
  • azrubael
    azrubael Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My personal "go to" dessert is 1 cup (140g) of lightly frozen mixed berries with 4 tablespoons (36g) of extra creamy whipped cream. Comes in at 180 calories, high in fibre, and will fill a cereal bowl up. For added decadence you can add 2 tablespoons (33g) of peanut butter. It adds about 190 calories, but ups the protein and it is so good I am drooling all over my keyboard right now.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A lot of companies (Edy's, Ben and Jerry, Hagan Daaz or however it is spelled) make individual little ice cream cups - and they have chocolate (and oh, sea salt caramel gelato - sooooo good). Those are a good option if you are too lazy to measure your ice cream and aren't worried about eating more than one (I can do just one, but the BF can't so he just avoids them). I think Edy's slow churn is only like 190 calories for a serving of chocolate (maybe less). Why give it up when you can have a bit and satisfy your craving - better then going crazy binging on it later.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    1 half english muffin 50 calories
    1 tbsp chocolate cream cheese 50 calories
    1 tsp fruit jam 15 calories

You own personal cheesecake... boo ya
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Banana slice + nutella + banana slice --> freeze and eat right out of the freezer

banana-sandwiches.jpg
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Doles frozen chocolate covered strawberries
    50 calories per pack (4)
    YUM:tongue:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your calories.

But lately I've been enjoying a microwaved apple with cinnamon sugar and some slow churned ice cream on top of it. :)
  • grovinchic
    grovinchic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I personally like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. You get ice cream and a chocolate cookie and they are a fair size.