70lbs to lose! NEWBIE - NEED FRIENDS :D

Options
Hey there, just signed up and I'm so excited about this site. I really think it's going to help me out tons.

I'm 20, and go to University, therefore time is kind of tight for me, between essays and late-night snacking and classes at odd hours, I've gained weight.

I've always been really chubby, and was bullied because of it. Worst offender? My brother. It just hurts knowing the people I love think so little of me. And I'm done with it. I've always felt uncomfortable in my own skin, I need to change it.

First up... I'm going vegan/raw for the next week, to try and start up my weightloss with a bang. The only un-raw food I'm allowing myself is cabbage soup.

I need friends to do this, and obviously I'll support you too.

Stats: 190lbs
5'5
GW1:170
GW2: 150
GW3: 130
GW4: 113 (bottom end of normal weight)

It's a lot of weight to lose, but I need to be healthier, I need to make some lifestyle changes before I die of obesity.

Replies

• bobbiewright
    Options
    :happy: Welcome and good luck to you!!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am starting (over) Mfp. Its really the best Im sooo glad I found this site!
  • teelightfull
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a newbie too! Good Luck I'm sure you can do this and this is a great site to help.:happy:
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Its going to be a long hard road but the end result is totally worth it in the end!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Being bullied sucks! My sister was the worst offender- and she's formerly overweight and is now a gym instructor :laugh: But you know what? She still has the same horrible eating habits and has to exercise 2 hours a day to break even.

So, cabbage soup is yummy and I am all for a big first week loss! But after that, you know you're going to have to change the way you look at food right? It needs to be a lifestyle. You're young, it's going to be easy, and before you know it, you'll be running circles around your brother!

Surround yourself with supportive people (like us!), log, log, log and plan, plan, plan. Plan your food!

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome I did a raw vegan detox too :)
  • JacquieHove
    JacquieHove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think your goal weight 4 is too low. A 5' 5 healthy body weight should be 130-140 lbs. Keep a realistic goal. You are going to do great!
  • lexielove123
    Options
    Thanks, I know it's low, but who knows, maybe I'll be fine at 130 and just scratch off that last one :)
  • lexielove123
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • bp1140
    bp1140 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome! I am just starting today also! The only way we can do this is with support, so I will be happy to help you out... I know it seems overwhelming, but if we stay focused on the goal of being healthier we can achieve our goals! Let's do this!
  • alarcher
    alarcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! You are starting off on the right foot!