Losing weight

Options
So I started this weight loss thing 23 days ago and I've lost 12 pounds.
Is this a good pace to lose weight? I'm eating around 1300-1600 calories a day
And riding the bike for at least 30 mins also.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    In general, up to 2 pounds a week is considered a safe rate to lose. However, it is super common to lose a lot more than that during the first few weeks.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It works if you do the work. This site is just a tool.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I think you might be answering a different question than what was asked...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I think you might be answering a different question than what was asked...

Yep. Totally misread the OP. *slinks off in shame*
  • ginosko
    ginosko Posts: 3
    Options

How much do you want to lose?
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Here are the basics, the guidelines for what is considered a healthy we it loss weight is at the end.

Also the list about rapid loss in the beginning is very true, many lose a lot of water weight when starting a calorie restriction. The rates of loss mentioned are also averages, weight loss is not linear....so if you lose 3lbs one week, 1 lb the next, then 2 and then 0lbs...your rate of loss is 1.5lbs per week. Everybody also has normal weight fluctuations, due to sodium, hormones, lifting (glycol stores) and pretty much anything that your body thinks it should hold onto water for....plus food/liquid digestion.

*Log EVERYTHING

*Weigh Solids

*Measure liquids

*Exercise for fitness
    (weight lifting is my recommendation)

*Be Honest with Yourself

*Measure yourself, take silly pictures and then enjoy your progress.

And............

*****MOST IMPORTANTLY******

READ THIS

======================================================================================================
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ======================================================================================================

THEN READ IT AGAIN........ :drinker:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

You are probably doing fine. The weight loss will slow down soon.

N
  • KettyLoyd
    KettyLoyd Posts: 51
    Options
    You are good going, according to your effort I think very fastly you loose your weight. You can surly loose weight by controlling your diet, just take healthy diet and do lots of exercise. If you want to loose weight fast then eat less and do more exercise. Just follow some tips like eat green vegetables, drink lots of water, don't eat junk and fast food, eat less oily and fat free food.
  • ronitperman
    Options
    At this time you are going good but maintaining the same rate is also very important to achieve your weight loss goals. Take a proper diet, measure how much calories you take on the daily basis and exercise regularly. These things will help you lose weight at the same rate.
  • PapaDB
    PapaDB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I started at 290, now I'm 277.
  • joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to break it down in small sections. My goals were 25 lbs, then another. I'm down 85 now.. The thought of loosing 100 was a bit over whelming for me.
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'd suspect a fraction of the initial weight loss is water weight. Try to not get too hung up on the number the scale gives you because that can become very exhausting. The thing that has made me the most successful up to this point (which is different than times I've tried before) is focusing on healthy livable choices to make my life better. Since I've been doing that, the scale has gone down!!!

Good luck, keep doing what you're doing and great job!!!