How to count calories burned in the gym?

Options
Just how? =/

Replies

• Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You mean how many burned by lifting weights...? Way too many variables to count them, that's why MFP doesn't show a burn in when you record your lifting workout. If you keep track of your heart rate during the workout though, you could probably estimate how many, but keeping a consistent heart rate with lifting weights is pretty difficult since you do have to rest in between. I don't bother, but if I were to make an educated guess, I'd say in a two hour heavy session I might burn 200-400 calories... not much when compared to my usual heavy 30 minutes of dedicated cardio that usually burns over 500...!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    When I do get the opportunity to use a gym which isn't very often I do sets with the weights and write it all down so I can then log it when I get the chance for the day I also write down my cardio burn for the gym bike etc and the calorie burn for each one and log that into the MFP
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks, kind of cleared it for me since I've been wondering how to enter the calories in.
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of just record the cardio I did, instead of painstakingly enter every exercise I did. =) Thanks for the tip!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There are some free apps that allow you to connect to and upload your workouts/calories burned to MFP. Check out the APP section above. I used MapMyWalk but I only eat back about half of my calories.