Not much, but I'll take it!

Options
VeryKerri
VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
So, I have been morbidly obese for most of my adult life and I have been obese almost all my life. I had a small victory today while I was at my gym. For years and years, I have not been able to take my blood pressure in those machines you see all over because my arms were just too big for the cuff. I have had to use the oversize cuff at the doctors office for years because of this.

Well... today at the gym, I decided to check my blood pressure on thier machine. I put my arm in and guess what, IT FIT!!!!! The regular arm cuff FIT MY ARM!!!!!

Like my subject line says, not much, but I will take it!!! lol

Replies

• Linshizzle
    Options
    Not much?? THATS TREMENDOUS!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That is a BIG success...be proud of it!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Great!!! I know how that feels as I just recently didn't have to use the large cuff at the DRs.
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    I totally know where you're coming from!!!!! That is awesome! A couple months ago I was able to have my blood pressure taken with a normal cuff and I was ecstatic.
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. I don't think thats a "little" thing at all! You are doing so good, and an inspiration to me.
  • dzampino
    dzampino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • nita1972
    Options
    All great new is good news, congrats.
  • johnson30usa
    Options
    Wow that is amazing.. You are really changing your life you go girl.
  • CommitSudoku
    CommitSudoku Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, keep up the good work!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is a very HUGE deal, congrats on your success. Keep up the awesome work!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Those are the best moments.

I'm sure it made you more than a 'little' sad when you couldn't fit into the cuff, so fitting shouldn't be considered a 'little' or 'small' victory...IT'S A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I think that kind of little stuff makes a big difference. Seeing those kind of changes in ourselves on a constant basis will for sure keep us motivated!!! Congrats sweetheart!
  • mariaezdabomb
    Options
    That is wonderful news!! Be proud!! Keep up the good work!! :)
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    thats way more than "not much"! thats great! keep on being awesome with the great work! go you! ^__^
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is great Kerri! It's the small things that make you keep going! :drinker:
  • bhonniered
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Those are the best moments.

I'm sure it made you more than a 'little' sad when you couldn't fit into the cuff, so fitting shouldn't be considered a 'little' or 'small' victory...IT'S A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne

I totally agree with Charmagne - it is a HUGE accomplishment! Great news! :bigsmile:
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! congrats to you for all your hard work :flowerforyou:
  • key03
    key03 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!! I still get the Big cuff whenever they take mine :(
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment! Those are the types of things that keep us on track long term! The scale is just a number, this shows how much the weight loss has impacted your entire life! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!