BELLY!

Options
Hi all,

I'm in need of help! I have been dieting for a while now, and I'm on the 4th week of the Insanity DVDS. I use them for an hour around 4 times a week, jog for half hour on the days that I don't use the DVDs and walk a very energetic dog for 45-60 minutes a day. I eat one slice of whole meal toast for breakfast with either one egg (scrambled) or peanut butter, a seed and whole grain pitta with either lean turkey or tuna salad for lunch, apples, grapes, homous and cucumber for snacks and a healthy tea of meat and veg with either rice or sweet potatoes.

My problem is, that while I have dropped around 15 pounds so far, it doesn't seem to be going from my belly!! And I don't know why! This is my problem area - does anyone have any suggestions or help?

Thank you all,

Replies

• chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually switch up routines.. from yoga to swimming that way I ensure I work all parts of my body throughout the week.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. It takes time, but it will happen. Be patient :)
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I once read on here, somebody saying that trying to spot reduce is like trying to dry the corner of a sponge. Can't be done. But often the belly fat is the last to go, so be patient. I'm having the same issue. Hoping that my last 9 pounds will come from my belly! :)
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Each person drops weight from different areas in the beginning. For me, it's my face and my hips. For others it may be legs and arms. It just depends on the person. Remember too, as you are losing fat, you are gaining muscle. If you are doing the Insanity workout, keep in mind that you are building your abdominals...meaning everything on your belly may not be just fat. Keep at it gal!! Great job on the 15 gone!!
  • DinoMaglinte
    Options
    What I've learned is that diet is the key to slimming down abs. I do a lot of abs workouts and planks, but it wasn't until I started watching my diet that I started seeing progress in the belly area. But like someone else said, patience is the key. You'll hit your goals eventually! Just keep up the good work!
  • jadejames171
    jadejames171 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments so far. I think I just needed confirmation that I was on the right track. I think when you work so hard to train and diet and don't see results as soon as you would like, you get kind of disheartened! Just have to be patient.

Thanks all :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Stomach was my last area to lose from. Genetics determines fat loss. Heavy lifting, moderate calorie deficit and a good amount of protein will help aid in ensuring fat loss will happen, though.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm in need of help! I have been dieting for a while now, and I'm on the 4th week of the Insanity DVDS. I use them for an hour around 4 times a week, jog for half hour on the days that I don't use the DVDs and walk a very energetic dog for 45-60 minutes a day. I eat one slice of whole meal toast for breakfast with either one egg (scrambled) or peanut butter, a seed and whole grain pitta with either lean turkey or tuna salad for lunch, apples, grapes, homous and cucumber for snacks and a healthy tea of meat and veg with either rice or sweet potatoes.

My problem is, that while I have dropped around 15 pounds so far, it doesn't seem to be going from my belly!! And I don't know why! This is my problem area - does anyone have any suggestions or help?

Thank you all,

Me too. One trick is to never look at your tummy after 12:30 pm. Just pretend that it always looks like it does when you first get up.
  • jadejames171
    Options

Me too. One trick is to never look at your tummy after 12:30 pm. Just pretend that it always looks like it does when you first get up.

Haha I like that!!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

Haha I like that!!

love it!
  • kikif617
    kikif617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, hang in there. I see a great difference in my belly area, but I'm like really, I only have 13 more pounds left to lose for my goal weight, and just can't see this belly gone after only 13 more pounds. Just keep doing what you are doing!

edited, because I forgot I changed my goal to 3 pounds less than what I had it as.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take measurements and pictures, because although you may not see the difference.. Could be happening right before your eyes!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. For me, my face, belly and arm fat are the last to go. Wahhh

To the poster who said to do ab exercises- NO. You'll just make your belly bigger by increasing the muscle underneath the fat.
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you all,

Oh, I am so borrowing this! I hate the way it looks at night, even after a good day of exercise and healthy eating! Gads.
  • jadejames171
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I have measured myself now, and have lost a few inches! So it is reducing! I will keep at it and hope for the best :)
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue just with my upper legs and butt... While everything else is already "acceptable" I don´t seem to lose fat around my butt and legs... My belly though is perfectly fine :bigsmile:
    In fact though I dropped two jeans sizes so I AM losing fat there too... just sooooooooo much slower than in other areas... I guess my big butt will be the last thing that leaves... Fine... I take the challenge! :grumble:

And so should you! FIGHT THAT BELLY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! :mad:

And always smile :flowerforyou:
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi

don't be disheartened I lost no belly fat until 18lbs down and I only 36lbs to lose so keep going it will go eventually do you do strength and weights? these can help I don't lift heavy I do mountain climbers and planks and squats with weights and lunges with weights and skipping and those sorts of things