How long did it take you to notice weight loss?

Options
I've been eating healthy (counting my calories), cardio for 45-60 min 4+ times a week and strength training for the last 3 weeks but I have not lost a single inch in my waist/stomach. Only my arms and legs are more defined and I feel stronger/have gained endurance, but my clothes fit the same.
My question is, have any of you started dropping the weight way later after you started exercising/eating better? I feel unmotivated but I won't stop my routine, it just sucks not to see results when I work so hard.

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Dont give up. One day soon you will notice a saggy bottom in your jeans and your shirt looks a little baggy. It will bring a big smile to your face when it happens and it WILL happen.
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with Cindy. I've been on my journey for about 3 months and I am just now starting to see results(cloths fitting loosely, wearing smaller sizes, others taking notice of the weight I've lost). Keep doing what you're doing and you too will start to see the changes, just remember it takes time. Good Luck and I wish you all the success and no matter what, Never Give Up!!!!!
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my collar bone area looked a little slimmer first. This was maybe 2 weeks in. Then I noticed my pants fitting more loosely a few weeks later. Then I noticed myself needing to use smaller and smaller notches on my belt.

Then someone else noticed!

Truth be told, I've only had a few people say anything and I've lost nearly 20 lbs over the last 2.5 months. I went back to visit colleagues at my old job and nobody said anything, which surprised me. Oh well, though, I am fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes again and I am feeling pretty cute.

Overall, though, I am not noticing significant differences in my measurements, which is weird. But my clothes fit better, the scale is going down, and I think I look better.
  • KettyLoyd
    KettyLoyd Posts: 51
    Options
    A slow rate of weight loss is generally best, once you started weight loss don't think you will loss your weight in two or three days, it takes months to loose your weight, you have to do regular and tough exercise to loose the weight in less time. You have have to manage your diet and try liquid diet like green tea, white tea etc. These drinks will help to reduce weight and keep you healthy.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I've lost five kilograms over about five or six weeks. I didn't notice anything until the last weekend when my parents - who I hadn't told about my weight loss journey - said that my face looked different and asked if I had lost some. I can see it now too - I actually have a shape to my face, rather than just a round thing.

I'm gloomily predicting that my already not-very-large boobs will be the next to go. My oversized butt and thighs will be the last, but if I can get rid of these back rolls somewhere in between, I'll be glad.
  • Nynkepetra
    Nynkepetra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I'm experiencing... no weight loss just feeling a bit stronger. So bizar and kind of demotivating really.
  • Nynkepetra
    Nynkepetra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    but did you actually lose weight?
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    Took about a 15 pounds lost to start noticing changes. I guess it depends how much you have to lose and how tall you are. Now at 21 pounds it is really showing.

Give it time and keep your routine you will get there.
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I honestly didn't notice until one day I was in the shower and realized there was one less "roll" to wash...lol
    And pictures. I take a pic every month and compare it to the previous month. My butt and thighs have shed the most thus far.