Ketosis vs increasing the cal intake a bit

Options
Hello :)
I'm going to try the ketosis method for the 1st time and would like to ask help on a matter.
Most weight loss apps/ websites calculate the calorie intake needed for me to lose weight to be 1200, which I always struggled a bit because I only seem to be comfortable and not hungry at something between 1500-1600

I'm 34 years old and I'm a sedentary person, I spend most of my time sitting and knitting / handcrafting stuff

My question is, if I start the "less than 20g carb" program and try to "enter ketosis mode", can I eat around 1500-1600 cals and still have my body burning fat after a few days or with that value it wont simply burn anything at all?

(I'm very short - 1.59m - 5.21 feet and I'm 13 kgs - 28 lbs overweight 28 lbs)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Replies

• Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I set my calorie goal to 1800 but I've never gone over that, I don't think I'm ever anywhere near it. When your in ketosis and you start adding more healthy fats to your diet you find that you are fuller for longer and off less calories.

If you go to the goals section in your profile there is an option to change them, I have mine set to best fit in with my low carb lifestyle.
    1800 calories 5% carb 25% protein and 70% fat.
  • anacepeda
    anacepeda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, I set my calorie goal to 1800 but I've never gone over that, I don't think I'm ever anywhere near it. When your in ketosis and you start adding more healthy fats to your diet you find that you are fuller for longer and off less calories.

If you go to the goals section in your profile there is an option to change them, I have mine set to best fit in with my low carb lifestyle.
    1800 calories 5% carb 25% protein and 70% fat.

After a month and 1/2 i can say you were absolutely right! I even stopped counting my calories because after cutting back all the sugar and unhealthy stuff, I'm less hungry and feel fulfilled longer :) The weight loss so far is 3.7 kgs (8 lbs) without cravings or starvation! (ok, with an added 30 mins daily walk I never done before but learned to enjoy)