1,200 Calories or less???

Options
Abbie9501
Abbie9501 Posts: 13 Member
Hi has anybody on here got a daily calorie goal of 1,200 or less, i sometimes struggle and would love ideas off other people and everyone on my friends list has a goal of like 2,000. Please help, can add me if you like. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I stick to 1200-1300..recently upped to 1300 for maintenance to slowly increase ...you can add to see my diary for ideas for the past few months, I find planning ahead really helps with lower calories, plan snacks too..though I must admit, I am bad at the weekends, especially last weekend, but definitely my week days might help you, its basically fruit, veg, fish, chicken, rice and pasta arranged in different ways each day! Best of luck!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    1200 per meal I can do.. 1200 per day not so much

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Log your food accurately and honestly this thread will help:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Abbie9501
    Options
    Aww thanks guys thats really helpful, i enjoy going to the gym at the minute so i am trying to get more calories and carbs in so that it makes up for it and gives me good stamina. Will definitely take a look at your diary thanks.
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's really simple, If you want o loose fat/ cut down calories, all you need to do is ditch the carbs and replace them with green veg such as broccoli and spinach.

I eat 6 times a day and manage to stay full all day with just 1500
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Since your profile says that you have 21 lbs to lose, you should only be aiming for .5 lb-1 lb loss per week. Make sure that your goal is set to that. That should give you more calories to play with. At one point, MFP had me set to 1,310 calories/day when I was set to 2 lb loss per week. It was doable when I was exercising and earning back additional calories. Shortly thereafter I fell into the lower goal range and was able to up my calories.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just took a peak at your food log. 1200 kcals is not going to kill you, however, I'd like to see a little more lean protein and carbs. If you are exercising you'll need the carbs for a little quick energy and protein for sustained energy and muscle repair.
  • Abbie9501
    Options
    Cheers guys, i know i need to be eating more protein and carbs BillRicks1 i just find it hard too without going over the calories, i need ideas of low calorie protein thats not tofu. Yeah ive set it to lose 1lb a week i think britishrocco, the other week i did really well and actually lost 1lb that week but then at the weekend i let myself go and then its hard to get back into the routine again. i think i might try the 6 meals a day, a lot of people say that works for them and the whole not eating after 7pm.